Three months after stepping into Hexo's top job, CEO Charlie Bowman has already deepened his predecessor's cuts and begun backing away from certain products, but he insists the moves are for a good reason: resetting Hexo's cost structure 'dramatically.'
Three months after stepping into Hexo Corp.'s top job, CEO Charlie Bowman has already deepened his predecessor's cuts and begun backing away from certain products, but he insists the moves are for a good reason: resetting Hexo's cost structure"dramatically."
"The previous administration said all revenue is good revenue, and that's a bad, bad thing," Bowman said in a call from Colorado. Cooper previously ran Truss Beverage Co., a joint venture between Molson-Coors Canada and Hexo. Last year he orchestrated a 180-person layoff, which he expected to deliver about $15 million on an annualized basis."The cost cutting wasn't sufficient," he said."We've done additional cost cutting over those initial layoffs and redundancies ... because you have to right-size your organization for success.
The cuts have gone beyond personnel. Bowman has also dropped products which didn't make any money and replaced them with profitable items. The company is currently known for its recreational brands UP Cannabis, Original Stash, 48North, Trail Mix, Bake Sale and Redecan, but Bowman thinks there is room for Hexo to establish itself in the personal care, pharmaceutical and nutritional supplement spaces.
"The pain train still rolling down the tracks" at Hexo, MKM Partners managing director Bill Kirk said in June, roughly a month into Bowman's tenure.
South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
New Hexo CEO Charlie Bowman opens up about push to overhaul cannabis business after turmoilBowman believes he can put the company on the right track, beginning with a whole new strategy for revenue
Read more »
'I'm accountable for the outage': Rogers CEO vows to make 'urgent fixes' during grilling before MPsRogers Communications Inc.\u0027s chief executive Tony Staffieri took responsibility for the massive July 8 network outage at a hearing today
Read more »
Rogers CEO says company 'failed’ and will spend $250 million to split networkRogers Communications Inc.’s top executive said the company “failed to deliver” on a promise of reliable service. Read on
Read more »
'I regret that': Rogers should have called government sooner over massive outage, CEO admits\u0027It should not be to the minister of industry to reach out to the CEO of Rogers. It should be the other way around,\u0027 said François\u002DPhilippe Champagne
Read more »
Rogers CEO says company 'failed’ and will spend $250 million to split networkRogers Communications Inc.’s top executive said the company “failed to deliver” on a promise of reliable service. Read on
Read more »
Rogers CEO says company 'failed’ and will spend $250 million to split networkRogers Communications Inc.’s top executive said the company “failed to deliver” on a promise of reliable service. Read on
Read more »