New Hexo CEO Charlie Bowman opens up about push to overhaul cannabis business after turmoil

South Africa News News

New Hexo CEO Charlie Bowman opens up about push to overhaul cannabis business after turmoil
South Africa Latest News,South Africa Headlines
  • 📰 globeandmail
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 49 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 23%
  • Publisher: 92%

Bowman believes he can put the company on the right track, beginning with a whole new strategy for revenue

“The previous administration said all revenue is good revenue, and that’s a bad, bad thing,” Bowman said in a call from Colorado.

Cooper previously ran Truss Beverage Co., a joint venture between Molson-Coors Canada and Hexo. Last year he orchestrated a 180-person layoff, which he expected to deliver about $15 million on an annualized basis.“The cost cutting wasn’t sufficient,” he said. “We’ve done additional cost cutting over those initial layoffs and redundancies ... because you have to right-size your organization for success.

The cuts have gone beyond personnel. Bowman has also dropped products which didn’t make any money and replaced them with profitable items. The company is currently known for its recreational brands UP Cannabis, Original Stash, 48North, Trail Mix, Bake Sale and Redecan, but Bowman thinks there is room for Hexo to establish itself in the personal care, pharmaceutical and nutritional supplement spaces.

“The pain train still rolling down the tracks” at Hexo, MKM Partners managing director Bill Kirk said in June, roughly a month into Bowman’s tenure.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

globeandmail /  🏆 5. in CA

South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Rogers CEO outlines new protocols, steps to avoid future network outages - National | Globalnews.caRogers CEO outlines new protocols, steps to avoid future network outages - National | Globalnews.caOn Sunday, Rogers announced upcoming steps that the telecom giant will be taking to ensure a nationwide network outage doesn't happen again in Canada.
Read more »

Rogers CEO announces new protocols, investment in wake of major service outage | CBC NewsRogers CEO announces new protocols, investment in wake of major service outage | CBC NewsRogers Communications on Sunday announced new steps it will take to avoid a repeat of what happened during a nationwide service outage on July 8.
Read more »

Rogers CEO announces new protocols, investment in wake of major service outage | CBC NewsRogers CEO announces new protocols, investment in wake of major service outage | CBC NewsRogers Communications on Sunday announced new steps it will take to avoid a repeat of what happened during a nationwide service outage on July 8.
Read more »

How one man opened a new old bookstore during the pandemicHow one man opened a new old bookstore during the pandemicWhile many businesses used the pandemic lockdowns as an opportunity to develop their online presence, Wood, who had a successful gig selling rare books online, did just the opposite, signing a five-year lease and opening a storefront. StarTogether
Read more »

Meet the new guys: Who the Flames got in exchange for Matthew TkachukMeet the new guys: Who the Flames got in exchange for Matthew TkachukDanny Austin looks at the new players the Flames got in the Matthew Tkachuk blockbluster.
Read more »

Rogers commits to new testing and oversight to improved reliance of networkRogers commits to new testing and oversight to improved reliance of networkCEO Tony Staffieri made commitments in open letter to customers on Sunday
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 21:25:40