Trevor Curtis published the personal health information of patients online and threatened to release more
STJ-04022022-Cyberattack-HealthScience Trevor Curtis, who was found guilty of extorting Eastern Health with a USB drive he found in the parking lot of the Health Sciences Centre, had his sentencing hearing put over when he told the court he had hired a new lawyer.ST. JOHN'S, N.L. — A St. John’s man found guilty of extorting Eastern Health who was set to be sentenced for his crime on Tuesday, Aug. 9, had his hearing put over when he told the court he had a new lawyer.
In court on Tuesday, Curtis told the judge he had been in contact with another legal aid lawyer recently and wanted the hearing set over until he could meet with his newly appointed counsel. Curtis, who was found guilty of attempting to extort the health authority in April, had found an unencrypted USB drive in the Health Sciences Centre parking lot containing the personal information of a number of Eastern Health patients. He posted some of the information on social media and contacted employees of Eastern Health, saying more would be released if he wasn’t compensated for what he characterized as past mistreatment.
South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Olivia Newton-John, beloved star of Grease, dead at 73 - Terrace StandardNewton-John ‘passed away peacefully at her Ranch in Southern California this morning’
Read more »
John Travolta leads tributes to 'Grease' co-star Olivia Newton-JohnNewton\u002DJohn died Monday at age 73
Read more »
St. John’s Capitals win seventh straight provincial senior baseball championship | SaltWireExplore stories from Atlantic Canada.
Read more »
Man sent to hospital following shooting in St. John's | SaltWireA 49-year-old has been released from the hospital after he was injured in what the RNC believes was a targeted shooting on Gilbert Street in St. John's on Saturday morning.
Read more »
Man Sent to Hospital Following Weekend Shooting in St. John’sThe RNC is investigating a weekend shooting incident in the capital city that sent a 49-year-old man to hospit...
Read more »