Prince Philip’s will to stay under lock and key, judges rule

South Africa News News

Prince Philip’s will to stay under lock and key, judges rule
South Africa Latest News,South Africa Headlines
  • 📰 nationalpost
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 53 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 25%
  • Publisher: 80%

Judge previously ruled that the will should remain private for at least 90 years to protect the \u0027dignity\u0027 of Queen Elizabeth II

The Guardian newspaper lost a bid to push for transparency at the Court of Appeal after a judge previously ruled that the will should remain private for at least 90 years to protect the “dignity” of Queen Elizabeth II.

Lawyers for the newspaper argued that open justice principles meant the media should not have been excluded from attending the hearing. “It is true that the law applies equally to the Royal Family, but that does not mean that the law produces the same outcomes in all situations,” the judges, led by Judge Geoffrey Vos, said in a ruling Friday. “These circumstances are, as we have said, exceptional.”Prince Philip will not have a state funeral or lie in state due to COVID-19 restrictions

A London judge has a safe containing more than 30 envelopes that are the wills of deceased members of the Britain’s royal family dating back more than a century. The Duke of Edinburgh, the husband and longtime confidant of the Queen, died aged 99 in April last year. A former Royal Navy officer and World War II veteran, Philip was required by protocol to walk two paces behind his wife in public. But he successfully carved out a role for himself, setting up a myriad of charities for young people and tirelessly touring the country and the world.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

nationalpost /  🏆 10. in CA

South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Prince Philip’s will to stay under lock and key, judges rulePrince Philip’s will to stay under lock and key, judges ruleJudge previously ruled that the will should remain private for at least 90 years to protect the \u0027dignity\u0027 of Queen Elizabeth II
Read more »

Civil Forfeiture Office targeting Prince George-area properties linked to grow-ops and gunsCivil Forfeiture Office targeting Prince George-area properties linked to grow-ops and gunsAction stems from recently-announced investigation by B.C. Combined Forces Special Investigation Unit
Read more »

Prince George ERT officers sent to Williams Lake firearm incidentPrince George ERT officers sent to Williams Lake firearm incidentRCMP have set up containment around a home in Williams Lake.
Read more »

Crime in Prince Edward County down compared to 2021Crime in Prince Edward County down compared to 2021Prince Edward County OPP say that they're seeing less crime now than this time last year. At the Prince Edward...
Read more »

France’s Emmanuel Macron hosts Saudi Crown Prince for talks despite criticism from rights groups, oppositionFrance’s Emmanuel Macron hosts Saudi Crown Prince for talks despite criticism from rights groups, oppositionThe talks in France on Thursday are part of increased Western efforts to court Saudi Arabia amid the war in Ukraine and faltering talks to revive a nuclear deal with Iran
Read more »

Prince George residents can provide input on addressing B.C.’s toxic drug crisisPrince George residents can provide input on addressing B.C.’s toxic drug crisisA provincial committee is looking for written feedback on the before Aug. 5
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 17:38:56