Police identify suspect in ‘unprovoked’ daylight attack that left a woman dead

South Africa News News

Police identify suspect in ‘unprovoked’ daylight attack that left a woman dead
South Africa Latest News,South Africa Headlines
  • 📰 TorontoStar
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 32 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 16%
  • Publisher: 55%

A 37-year-old Toronto resident has been charged with aggravated assault following an “unprovoked” attack on Yonge Street on Friday morning that left an 89-year-old woman dead.

A 37-year-old Toronto resident has been charged with aggravated assault following anOn Saturday afternoon, police identified the suspect as Ryan Cunneen, who was apprehended a few hours after the assault occurred.

The Toronto police have not publicly identified the victim. As of Friday afternoon, police were still working to notify the woman’s family about her death. The attack has shocked a city already on edge following a spate of seemingly random, violent assaults in recent months, including theFollowing a dip during the first two years of the pandemic, the number of reported assaults in 2022 was higher than any other year dating back to 2014, the first year of data available inAccording to the press release, the victim was walking on the sidewalk on Yonge Street, near King Street, when she was pushed and fell to the ground.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

TorontoStar /  🏆 60. in CA

South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Woman dead after unprovoked assault in downtown Toronto, police say | CBC NewsWoman dead after unprovoked assault in downtown Toronto, police say | CBC NewsPolice say a woman is dead after being assaulted late this morning in Toronto's downtown core. They say the male suspect ran away after the attack.
Read more »

Woman in her 70s or 80s killed in unprovoked attack on downtown sidewalk: Toronto policeWoman in her 70s or 80s killed in unprovoked attack on downtown sidewalk: Toronto policeDeveloping: Woman in her 70s or 80s killed in unprovoked attack on downtown sidewalk, says Toronto police. A man in his 30s “was taken into custody without incident,” Acting Insp. Craig Young says to reporters outside the scene on Yonge Street.
Read more »

Woman dead after seemingly unprovoked assault in downtown Toronto, police say | CBC NewsWoman dead after seemingly unprovoked assault in downtown Toronto, police say | CBC NewsPolice say a woman in her 70s or 80s was walking around 11:40 a.m. in the city's financial district near the normally busy intersection of Yonge and King streets, when she was allegedly to the ground, injuring her head and face.
Read more »

Woman killed in alleged unprovoked attack in downtown Toronto, police sayWoman killed in alleged unprovoked attack in downtown Toronto, police sayThe woman had been walking alone when she was allegedly pushed to the ground and sustained serious injuries to her face and head
Read more »

Police identify suspect in alleged unprovoked attack that left a Toronto woman deadPolice identify suspect in alleged unprovoked attack that left a Toronto woman deadRyan Cunnen, 37, of Toronto, has been charged with aggravated assault
Read more »

Elderly woman killed in suspected unprovoked attack in downtown TorontoElderly woman killed in suspected unprovoked attack in downtown TorontoAn elderly woman was killed Friday morning in what is believed to have been an unprovoked attack along a busy stretch of Yonge St.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 11:33:57