More than 100 current and former McDonald’s employees have alleged they have experienced sexual abuse, harassment, racism and bullying at the fast-food chain AlannahFrancis1 explains we know about allegations and how McDonald’s has responded ⬇️
launched its investigation, McDonald’s signed an agreement with the Equality and Human Rights Commission to improve how it deals with sexual harassment allegations.
McDonald’s employees responsible for breaches of the firm’s code of conduct face being dismissed from the firm, its UK chief said.How has McDonald’s responded? Alistair Macrow, McDonald’s UK and Ireland chief executive, said: “Every one of the 177,000 employees in McDonald’s UK deserves to work in a safe, respectful and inclusive workplace.“There is simply no place for harassment, abuse, or discrimination of any kind at McDonald’s, and we will investigate all allegations brought to us, and all proven breaches of our code of conduct will be met with the most severe measures we can legally impose, up to and including dismissal.
“This is supported by a companywide programme of training, the roll out of new policies and strict reporting processes, all aimed at offering the highest possible level of workplace protection for all our employees.”The recent allegations come four years after 1,000 complaints were reported to the The Bakers, Food and Allied Workers Union by staff who said they had been subjected to sexual harassment and abuse while working at for the fast-food chain.
South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
ZOM 100: Bucket List of the Dead episode 2 includes an iconic anime Easter eggWe really weren't expecting that...
Read more »
Argos reveals more store closures as 100 branches face the axe - is your local affected?Argos has revealed the location of its latest closures across the UK - is your local branch affected?
Read more »
Met use counter-terrorism tactics to catch men attacking womenScotland Yard says it is using anti-terrorist tactics to catch the worst 100 predators.
Read more »
Netflix releases new trailer for Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead live-action movieDive into the action-packed adaptation of this beloved manga.
Read more »
McDonald's workers speak out over sexual abuse claimsMore than 100 current and recent McDonald's workers tell the BBC about sexual assault, harassment and racism.
Read more »
Sligo rally deaths: Competitors from Fermanagh and Cavan killedA man from County Fermanagh was one of two competitors who died in a rally crash in County Sligo on Sunday
Read more »