JUST IN: Fans won’t have to mask at Maple Leafs and Raptors games as of March 21, though the measure is still being ‘strongly encouraged’
In a statement released Friday, Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment said that their venues will follow the direction from public health officials and make mask wearing for patrons voluntary.
But the company, which owns both teams, said mask wearing for patrons will still be “strongly recommended.” “As it has throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, MLSE continues to consult with public health officials to follow all health and safety recommendations for its venues and the community at large and thanks all officials, partners and fans for their cooperation through the reopening stages and working together to protect our community," the MLSE statement read.
The Ontario government announced earlier this week that masking will become optional in most settings with an eye to dropping the requirement everywhere in late April. The city has said that it will drop its masking bylaw at the same time.should be maintained longer for some congregate settings such as schools.Capacity limits have also been dropped at large venues such as Scotiabank Arena, allowing thousands of fans to once again pack the seats for games and concerts.
South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Maple Leafs goalie Jack Campbell out at least two weeks with a rib injuryIt was not clear how Campbell got hurt. He finished Tuesday’s game, a 6-4 win in which he made 26 saves, and spoke to the media afterwards with no indication he was injured.
Read more »
Maple Leafs No. 1 goaltender Jack Campbell out at least two weeks with rib injuryThe Toronto Maple Leafs will be without No. 1 goaltender Jack Campbell for at least the next two weeks because of a rib injury.
Read more »
B.C. orders review of Maple Ridge social housing complex amid ‘serious’ allegations from residents | Globalnews.caThe Royal Crescent housing facility opened in October 2018, and was intended as an emergency housing option for people living in the controversial 'Anita Place' tent city.
Read more »
Guelph school board’s mask mandate to end on March 21 with provincial rules - Guelph | Globalnews.caGuelph's public school board says mandatory masking will no longer be required in its schools as of March 21, with provincewide masking requirements being lifted.
Read more »
Education minister defends March 21 end date for mask mandate in Ontario schoolsThe Ontario Principals\u0027 Council opposes the decision, arguing families may be travelling over March break, leading to increased risk of spreading COVID
Read more »