'What you are doing - being homophobic - is no different with anyone who is xenophobic and racist,' Somizi said in response to the news.
“What you are doing — being homophobic — is no different with anyone who is xenophobic and racist,” Somizi said in response to the news.Somizi Mhlongo was supposed to be a guest chef in Zimbabwe but he was blocked because of his sexuality.Churches in Zimbabwe have mobilised to block SA media personality Somizi Mhlongo from coming to Zimbabwe because of his sexual orientation.
The Apostolic Christian Council of Zimbabwe wrote a letter to the President’s Office voicing its disapproval and to stop Mhlongo from coming to the country. Homosexuality is illegal in Zimbabwe and most of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community have to conceal their sexual identity. And this group of people remains marginalised.
Somizi has since responded on social media. Taking to Instagram with a video, Somizi said he was sad that his visit was cancelled and it showed that there was a long way to go for the LGBTQI+ community in Zimbabwe.
South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Churches and Zanu-PF Youth League block Somizi Mhlongo from coming to Zim'What you are doing - being homophobic - is no different with anyone who is xenophobic and racist,' Somizi said in response to the news.
Read more »
Churches and Zanu-PF Youth League block Somizi Mhlongo from coming to Zim'What you are doing - being homophobic - is no different with anyone who is xenophobic and racist,' Somizi said in response to the news.
Read more »
‘Don’t call me, I’ll call you’ — Mashaba tells ANC - The Mail & Guardian‘Don’t call me, I’ll call you’ — Mashaba tells ANC - ActionSA leader Herman Mashaba holds all the cards in the coming coalition talks
Read more »
Missing Fish Hoek woman’s body foundIt comes a day after her daughter's body was found on Noordhoek Beach.
Read more »
Baxter: Chiefs 'didn’t have the quality to break down Stellenbosch's block'Kaizer Chiefs did not manage the speed and awareness in movement necessary to break down Stellenbosch FC’s low defensive block in the second half of their 1-0 DStv Premiership defeat at FNB Stadium on Tuesday, coach Stuart Baxter said afterwards.
Read more »
VIDEO: Duarte disappointed with low voter turnout but comfortable with results coming inBy 4pm on Tuesday, 36% of the votes had been counted, with the ANC in the lead at 47% support.
Read more »