SINGAPORE – The decision to relocate Bukit View Primary School (BVPS) 2km to the west is to meet the growing demand for Primary 1 places in Bukit Batok West and Tengah town, while demand in its current Bukit Batok East neighbourhood declines due to ageing. Read more at straitstimes.com.
is to meet the growing demand for Primary 1 places in Bukit Batok West and Tengah town, while demand in its current Bukit Batok East neighbourhood declines due to ageing.
Mr Murali said the announcement was made with no consultation of stakeholders, and even though three new Build-To-Order projects had recently been completed in the school’s current vicinity. She added: “We have estimated that these BTOs would not reverse the overall declining demand in Bukit Batok East due to the ageing profile of the other households in the area.”
Ms Gan replied that for sensitive decisions such as those that may affect the property market, MOE has to keep external consultations tight to key stakeholders. Mr Murali also raised concerns that his residents had been misled by HDB’s marketing of the BTO projects as being close to BVPS’ current location.
South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Bukit Batok residents can't drive out of carpark due to jam caused by parents of primary school kidsIt is not just the pupils who need to be educated. Read more at stomp.straitstimes.com
Read more »
Adidas and Major League Soccer extend partnership with 2026 World Cup in viewMUNICH : Adidas and Major League Soccer in the United States on Wednesday announced a multi-year extension to their partnership that sees the German sports goods maker continue as the official supplier for the league, clubs and youth academies. 'We are committed to helping grow the game and could not be m
Read more »
Court throws out elderly woman’s lawsuit against Holland-Bukit Panjang Town Council for falling into drainSINGAPORE: A court has dismissed an elderly woman’s clai
Read more »
'My business hopefully can improve now': Competitor on closure of popular fried Hokkien mee stall at ABC BrickworksAnother well-loved old-school hawker stall bites the dust. Tiong Bahru Yi Sheng Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee, located at ABC Brickworks food centre at Jalan Bukit Merah, has shuttered, reportedly due to the owner's retirement. The stall is said to have 40 years of history and is run by its second-generation owner. Facebook user Huey Li Tan shared news of the...
Read more »
Woman loses claim for more than $60k against town councilA 71-year-old woman who sued the Holland-Bukit Panjang Town Council for more than $60,000 after she stepped into an uncovered part of a drain has lost her case after the judge decided it was unlikely for anyone to have fallen. The town council, in defending its case, said...
Read more »
Woman who stepped into uncovered drain loses claim for more than $60k against town councilSINGAPORE - A 71-year-old woman, who sued the Holland-Bukit Panjang Town Council for more than $60,000 after she stepped into an uncovered part of a drain, has lost her case after the judge decided it was unlikely for anyone to have fallen. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »