York Region School Board cancels more than 100 courses due to class size increases GlobeToronto
The York Region District School Board will be cancelling or scaling back almost 160 courses in its high schools in the next academic year - the latest district to reveal the impact of provincially-directed class size increases.
“We want to assure you that our schools have been doing their best to limit these numbers. In some cases, this may mean combining courses or increasing class sizes where possible within our existing collective agreements,” they stated. “Schools are currently working with students to find alternative options to ensure they can continue in their chosen pathways.”
Stephanie Rea, a spokeswoman for Ms. Thompson, said course offerings are local decisions and the funding that boards receive from the province should be used “to ensure students are able to take the courses that suit their needs.”
South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Toronto District School Board loosens rules around student dress codeCanada’s largest school board is loosening the rules around what students can wear inside the classroom.
Read more »
Toronto District School Board loosens rules around student dress codeCP24 NOW - Live and interactive, watch Toronto's Breaking News for the GTA, with CP24 Breakfast, Sports, Video, Traffic Times and Weather and more.
Read more »
Students, teachers celebrate new Toronto District School Board dress code for its opennessNew rules bar gender-based restrictions, seeks to level the playing field for city’s students
Read more »
Organizational need, draft board align as Jays select pitcher - TSN.caPosition players were plucked with nine of the first 10 picks in Round 1 of the MLB Draft, leaving the Toronto Blue Jays in position to select West Virginia right-hander Alek Manoah, an arm the organization that's in desperate need of high-end pitching prospects had been connected to for quite some time, Scott Mitchell writes.
Read more »
Quebec zoo at heart of cruelty allegations ordered closed by workers' safety boardThe Quebec workers' safety board has ordered the closure a small zoo at the heart of an animal cruelty investigation and the removal of the animals that remain on site.
Read more »
Waterfront Toronto board vote on Sidewalk Labs pushed back several monthsWaterfront Toronto says a vote on whether to move forward on Sidewalk Labs' contentious development project will be pushed back several months to allow for a thorough evaluation.
Read more »
Quebec workers’ safety board orders closure of small zoo at centre of animal cruelty investigationA relocation of the animals had begun after the Montreal SPCA and its partners descended on the St-Edouard Zoo on May 21 and charged its owner with one count each of criminal animal neglect and criminal animal cruelty
Read more »
Veteran public servant Richard Dicerni chosen to head RCMP civilian advisory boardCFL boss Randy Ambrosie and former B.C. attorney-general Wally Oppal among 13 appointees to the body, announced by the Liberal government in January in an effort to transform the force’s culture and respond to years of harassment and bullying scandals
Read more »
David Price shines as Boston Red Sox beat New York Yankees - TSN.caDavid Price finally won at Yankee Stadium for the first time with the Boston Red Sox, backed by early homers from J.D. Martinez and Xander Bogaerts in an 8-5 victory over New York on Sunday night.
Read more »
Toronto Blue Jays edge New York Yankees to halt six-game slide - TSN.caFreddy Galvis hit a two-run homer as part of a four-run fifth inning as the Toronto Blue Jays' offence ignited to beat the New York Yankees 4-3 on Tuesday. Randal Grichuk also went deep for the Blue Jays (22-38), who snapped a six-game slide, and Vladimir Guerrero Jr. hit a run-scoring single. Eric Sogard was 3 for 4 with a double.
Read more »