Water supply has been affected in several parts of Gauteng since last week, with some areas having no supplies at all.
“The water is just over a metre. That is less than the height of an average man,” said Johannesburg water operations manager Logan Munsamy when he spent the day taking journalists and new mayor Dada Morero through the inner workings of two pumping stations. “If there are no interruptions from Rand Water and they give us the required volume we need, it takes a week or more to recover the system.”
Morero and Johannesburg water officials inspected the Hursthill Reservoir Complex and Crosby Reservoir Complex. This comes after water-shedding hit parts of Johannesburg following Rand Water's notification of stage 2 restrictions.
South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
CoJ: Water shortages partially caused by increased water demand due to heatwaveJoburg Water attributed the shortage to the heatwave experienced across many parts of the Gauteng province in late September and early October.
Read more »
Baptism of fire: Panyaza Lesufi takes Gauteng reins amid water crisis, soaring crime rates | News24Incoming Gauteng premier is bracing himself for a baptism of fire. He takes the reins in the province during a particularly daunting period, in which citizens face numerous challenges, including a water crisis, skyrocketing crime & high unemployment rates
Read more »
Warning over higher stages of water restrictions in GautengRand Water has urged residents in Gauteng to implement water-saving strategies to avoid necessitating the move to higher stages of restrictions in the province.
Read more »
IN PICS: New Joburg mayor asks thirsty residents to be patient amid water crisis | The Citizen📸PICTURES: Newly elected Joburg Mayor Dada Morero promises thirsty residents he is 'working around the clock' to solve the city's water crisis💧See all the pics here:
Read more »
INFOGRAPHIC: Areas affected by water restrictions in Gauteng - SABC News - Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader.INFOGRAPHIC | Stage 2 restriction sees a reduction of 30% of the water supply for Rand Water.
Read more »
Gauteng's three biggest metros now hit with water cuts as reservoirs run dry while heatwave rolls on | News24In the wake of the heatwave which the SA Weather Service says will last until Friday, bulk-water supplier Rand Water has implemented Stage 2 water restrictions in the three biggest metros in Gauteng. | IamAlexSweet
Read more »