Chief Karen Fry says structures must be gone by Thursday morning
According to the order, last Thursday fire inspectors toured Hastings between Carrall and Main streets and found entrances had been blocked to several buildings, there was an accumulation of combustible materials against buildings, firefighter access to buildings was blocked and there was unsafe storage of propane
On Monday afternoon, the City of Vancouver issued a statement advising of Fry’s order and stating there was an urgent need to “accelerate structure removal” and that the order would “expedite the process.”Article content
South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Vancouver fire chief orders DTES tent city to be cleared, cites ‘catastrophic’ safety risk | Globalnews.caVancouver Fire Chief Karen Fry issued the order Friday, warning that the buildup of structures in the area constituted a major safety hazard.
Read more »
Concerns flare about Vancouver tent city scaring away tourism from local businessesBusiness groups are calling upon the City of Vancouver to quickly enact a supportive housing solution away from the DTES.
Read more »
Concerns flare about Vancouver tent city scaring away tourism from local businessesBusiness groups are calling upon the City of Vancouver to quickly enact a supportive housing solution away from the DTES.
Read more »
City of Kelowna ‘playing with fire’, resources inadequate to manage blazes - Terrace StandardKelowna fire department spread thin with “unsafe staffing levels” and a lack of resources
Read more »
Victoria Bridge on Ridout Street to close Monday, reopen in spring 2023 - London | Globalnews.caThe City of London says starting Monday, Ridout Street will be closed between Thames Park and Horton Street as work progresses on the Victoria Bridge reconstruction project.
Read more »