US says no sign three downed aerial objects were Chinese or spying

South Africa News News

US says no sign three downed aerial objects were Chinese or spying
South Africa Latest News,South Africa Headlines
  • 📰 STForeignDesk
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 30 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 15%
  • Publisher: 71%

China meanwhile urged the US to conduct a thorough probe into what it claims was a string of incursions into its airspace by US balloons. Read more at straitstimes.com.

WASHINGTON - The United States so far has no evidence that three unidentified aerial objects shot down this month were connected to China or any foreign spying programme, the White House said on Tuesday.

Such a balloon, according to American officials, was shot down on Feb 4 over the US East Coast – an incident that triggered a heightened alert, leading to the precautionary shooting down of the subsequent three unidentified objects. Citing “pretty tough” weather and geographical conditions in all three cases, Mr Kirby said “we’re recognising that it could be some time before we locate and recover the debris.”Meanwhile, China urged the US on Tuesday to conduct a “thorough investigation” into what Beijing claims was a string of incursions into its airspace by US balloons.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

STForeignDesk /  🏆 4. in SG

South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Philippines accuses China of aiming ‘military-grade’ laser at coast guard vessel in South China SeaPhilippines accuses China of aiming ‘military-grade’ laser at coast guard vessel in South China SeaThe Philippine Coast Guard said the Feb 6 incident caused temporary blindness to crew members. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »

White House spokesperson: Downed objects 'did not closely resemble' Chinese balloonWhite House spokesperson: Downed objects 'did not closely resemble' Chinese balloonThe objects were much smaller than the PRC balloon Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »

Wu makes history as first Chinese ATP Tour winner with Dallas victoryWu makes history as first Chinese ATP Tour winner with Dallas victoryLOS ANGELES Wu Yibing overcame a ferocious bombardment from John Isner to become the first Chinese man to win an ATP Tour title at the Dallas Open on Sunday (Feb 12). The 23-year-old from Hangzhou saved four match points before claiming a 6-7 (4/7), 7-6 (7/3), 7-6 (14/12) victory in just under three hours
Read more »

Wu Yibing makes history as first Chinese ATP Tour winner with Dallas victoryWu Yibing makes history as first Chinese ATP Tour winner with Dallas victoryLOS ANGELES: Wu Yibing overcame a ferocious bombardment from John Isner to become the first Chinese man to win an ATP Tour title at the Dallas Open on Sunday (Feb 12). The 23-year-old from Hangzhou saved four match points before claiming a 6-7 (4/7), 7-6 (7/3), 7-6 (14/12) victory in just under three hours
Read more »

Texans of Chinese descent fret that 'dreams have been smashed'Texans of Chinese descent fret that 'dreams have been smashed'A proposed law seeks to bar Chinese, Russian, North Korean and Iranians from buying property in the state. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 19:15:36