US military completes recovery of Chinese balloon downed off South Carolina

South Africa News News

US military completes recovery of Chinese balloon downed off South Carolina
South Africa Latest News,South Africa Headlines
  • 📰 STForeignDesk
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 36 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 18%
  • Publisher: 71%

It is headed to an FBI laboratory in Virginia for analysis, said officials. Read more at straitstimes.com.

WASHINGTON - The US military said on Friday it had successfully concluded recovery efforts off South Carolina to collect sensors and other debris fromis heading to an FBI laboratory in Virginia for analysis, the US military’s Northern Command said in a statement.The US military said US Navy and US Coast Guard vessels that had been scouring the sea for nearly two weeks have departed the area.

The episode caused an uproar in Washington and led to the US military to search the skies for other objects that were not being captured on radar.The Chinese balloon incident also prompted US Secretary of State Antony Blinken toand has further strained already frayed ties between Washington and Beijing.

US officials have since been looking at the possibility of a meeting between Mr Blinken and China’s top diplomat Wang Yi on the sidelines of the Munich Security Conference that began on Friday.US Vice-President Kamala Harris, who is also in Munich for the conference, has defended the administration’s handling of the balloon incident and the shooting down of three other unidentified objects.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

STForeignDesk /  🏆 4. in SG

South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Philippine Coast Guard beefs up forces in South China Sea to counter Chinese claimsPhilippine Coast Guard beefs up forces in South China Sea to counter Chinese claimsThe Philippine Coast Guard increases presence in the South China Sea upon the orders of President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »

FBI searched University of Delaware in Biden documents inquiryFBI searched University of Delaware in Biden documents inquiryMultiple searches were conducted at the university, but initial investigations found no classified documents housed there. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »

FBI's New York computer network hacked, now contained -CNNFBI's New York computer network hacked, now contained -CNNComputers at the FBI's New York office were hacked in what the agency said was a now-contained isolated incident, CNN reported on Friday, citing people briefed on the matter.'The FBI is aware of the incident and is working to gain additional information,' the bureau said in a statement to CNN, adding that
Read more »

FBI's New York computer network hacked, now contained: CNNFBI's New York computer network hacked, now contained: CNNFBI officials believe the incident involved bureau computers used to investigate child sexual exploitation, according to sources. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »

Downed Chinese balloon aimed for Hawaii but was blown off course: US officialDowned Chinese balloon aimed for Hawaii but was blown off course: US officialThe US official said the Chinese balloon was blown off course by prevailing winds. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »

Downed Chinese balloon aimed for Hawaii but was blown off course: US officialDowned Chinese balloon aimed for Hawaii but was blown off course: US officialWASHINGTON — US officials believe a Chinese balloon that was shot down after crossing the continental US originally had a trajectory that would have taken it over Guam and Hawaii but was blown off course by prevailing winds, a US official speaking on condition of anonymity, said on Wednesday (Feb 15). The balloon, which Washington accuses Beijing of using for...
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 12:33:39