UK minister throws tourism a lifeline with signal SA will be off ‘red list’

South Africa News News

UK minister throws tourism a lifeline with signal SA will be off ‘red list’
South Africa Latest News,South Africa Headlines
  • 📰 BDliveSA
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 20 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 11%
  • Publisher: 63%

Top story | UK minister throws tourism a lifeline with signal SA will be off ‘red list’ 🔒

The UK government has given the clearest indication yet that it will remove SA from its list of “red” countries that are deemed dangerous for travel because of Covid-19, something that will provide massive relief to the tourism industry ahead of the summer.

Speaking to Business Day at the end of her visit to SA, Lesotho and Eswatini, Vicky Ford, the minister responsible for Africa in the UK’s foreign, commonwealth & development office, said she had been reassured by SA scientists that the Beta variant, which caused SA to be banned from most countries late in 2020, is no longer present, which “takes one of the main concerns away”...

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

BDliveSA /  🏆 12. in ZA

South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

UK set to remove SA from tourism red list, minister signalsOnly outstanding issue is the creation of a ‘robust enough’ vaccination certificate, says Vicky Ford
Read more »

What you said: Keeping SA on UK red list is 'discrimination'The majority of readers said SA is being discriminated against by remaining on the red list.
Read more »

SA to be removed from the UK red list, Telegraph reports | Fin24SA to be removed from the UK red list, Telegraph reports | Fin24The UK will abolish quarantine for almost all countries, including South Africa, the Sunday Telegraph reports, citing sources. | Fin24
Read more »

SA Lockdown | Film industry contribution to SA economy dropsSA Lockdown | Film industry contribution to SA economy dropsThe film industry's contribution to the country's economy has dropped to R2.9bn after contributing over R7.2bn in 2019
Read more »

Safa decides against bidding for Fifa Club World Cup in SAThe SA Football Association’s (Safa) national executive committee (NEC) have resolved that the body will not pursue the bid to host the 2021 Fifa Club World Cup, with the main challenge being vaccinations and fans in stadiums.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 05:26:45