Two youths, aged 11 and 14, are facing charges for two hate/bias-motivated incidents on public transit in Kingston, Ont. last month.
Police say while the victim was seated alone, two youths began harassing the victim.
"The older youth made a racial slur and at the encouragement of the younger youth began touching and slapping the victim's head," police said in a statement. On Tuesday, the victim was on another bus when the same two youths boarded. Police say after a confrontation, the victim overheard a threatening remark while exiting the bus.On Thursday, the two youths were charged with assault and harassment by threatening conduct.
Anyone with information is asked to please contact Kingston Police Det. Stefan Walker at 613-549-4660 ext. 6332 or via email at
South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Kingston, Ont. unveils lineup of activities for Black History Month - Kingston | Globalnews.caOrganizers in the City of Kingston, Ont., have revealed the activities that will help celebrate Black History Month through February.
Read more »
Kingston Ont. mayor says province needs to help fight homelessness - Kingston | Globalnews.caKingston's mayor is weighing in on a recent Ontario court ruling that calls 'homeless camp' evictions unconstitutional.
Read more »
Unhoused people in Kingston, Ont., struggle against viciously cold weather - Kingston | Globalnews.caAs temperatures neared record lows in Kingston overnight Thursday into Friday, the over 200 unhoused people in the city struggled against the brutal conditions.
Read more »
Kingston homeless population vulnerable as temperature plummets - Kingston | Globalnews.caOrganizations brace for cold and extend hours to help homeless individuals survive and stay warm when an anticipated polar vortex hits Kingston on Friday.
Read more »
Proposed Kingston Police budget includes 4% operational increase - Kingston | Globalnews.caBudget includes plans to hire eight new officers and four civilian personnel. The net proposed operation budget is just under $44.4M. The capital budget is an additional $2.3M.
Read more »