Twitter sues to force Musk to complete his $44B acquisition – Terrace Standard

South Africa News News

Twitter sues to force Musk to complete his $44B acquisition – Terrace Standard
South Africa Latest News,South Africa Headlines
  • 📰 TerraceStandard
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 48 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 23%
  • Publisher: 68%

Twitter sues to force Musk to complete his $44B acquisition

Twitter sued Tesla CEO Elon Musk on Tuesday, trying to force him to complete his $44 billion takeover of the social media company by accusing him of “outlandish” and “bad faith” actions that have caused the platform irreparable harm and “wreaked havoc” on its stock price.

“Having mounted a public spectacle to put Twitter in play, and having proposed and then signed a seller-friendly merger agreement, Musk apparently believes that he — unlike every other party subject to Delaware contract law — is free to change his mind, trash the company, disrupt its operations, destroy stockholder value, and walk away,” the suit stated.

Musk alleged Friday that Twitter has failed to provide enough information about the number of fake accounts on its service. Twitter said last month that it was making available to Musk a ″fire hose” of raw data on hundreds of millions of daily tweets.The company has said for years in regulatory filings that it believes about 5% of the accounts on the platform are fake.

But his confidence didn’t last long. Tesla’s stock — Musk’s primary source of wealth — plummeted amid a broader stock market selloff in May, and Musk soon seemed less enthusiastic about owning Twitter.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

TerraceStandard /  🏆 24. in CA

South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Twitter sues to force Elon Musk to complete his $44B acquisitionTwitter sues to force Elon Musk to complete his $44B acquisitionTwitter sued Tesla CEO Elon Musk on Tuesday to force him to complete the $44 billion acquisition of the social media company.
Read more »

Twitter hits back at Musk, suing to force his US$44B buyout - BNN BloombergTwitter hits back at Musk, suing to force his US$44B buyout - BNN BloombergTwitter sued Elon Musk over his abandoned US$44 billion takeover bid, accusing the billionaire of having buyer’s remorse after his fortune declined.
Read more »

Twitter sues to force Musk to complete his US$44B acquisitionTwitter sues to force Musk to complete his US$44B acquisition
Read more »

Twitter hires law firm to sue Elon Musk after pulling out of $44B dealTwitter hires law firm to sue Elon Musk after pulling out of $44B dealTwitter has hired a U.S. law firm as it prepares to sue Elon Musk and force him to complete the $44 billion acquisition of the company.
Read more »

Elon Musk mocks Twitter legal threat after scrapping $44B dealElon Musk mocks Twitter legal threat after scrapping $44B dealLegal experts say the 16\u002Dyear\u002Dold social media company has a strong legal case against Musk, but could opt for a renegotiation or settlement.
Read more »

Twitter sues Elon Musk to hold him to $44B dealTwitter sues Elon Musk to hold him to $44B deal\u0027Musk apparently believes that he ... is free to change his mind, trash the company, disrupt its operations, destroy stockholder value, and walk away,\u0027 says…
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 04:09:23