Türkiye's Erdogan strikes drone deal with Saudi Arabia on Gulf tour

South Africa News News

Türkiye's Erdogan strikes drone deal with Saudi Arabia on Gulf tour
South Africa Latest News,South Africa Headlines
  • 📰 ChannelNewsAsia
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 50 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 23%
  • Publisher: 66%

DOHA: Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan arrived in Doha on Tuesday (Jul 18), the second leg of a Gulf tour after a stop in Saudi Arabia where he clinched a deal to provide drones to the kingdom. Erdogan, who won another five-year term in May elections, is seeking support for Türkiye's faltering econo

DOHA: Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan arrived in Doha on Tuesday , the second leg of a Gulf tour after a stop in Saudi Arabia where he clinched a deal to provide drones to the kingdom.

The Turkish leader arrived Tuesday evening alongside his wife Emine Erdogan in the capital of key ally Qatar ahead of a meeting with Emir Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani, according to Qatari state media. Haluk Bayraktar, CEO of the drone manufacturer which is co-run by one of Erdogan's sons-in-laws, in a tweet called the deal"the biggest defence and aviation export contract in the history of the Turkish Republic".After attending a Saudi-Turkish business forum in Jeddah on Monday, Erdogan and Prince Mohammed discussed"prospects for joint cooperation" in their meeting, SPA reported.

Saudi Arabia"will acquire drones with the aim of enhancing the readiness of the kingdom's armed forces and bolstering its defence and manufacturing capabilities", Defence Minister Prince Khalid bin Salman said on Tuesday.An Arab diplomat in Riyadh, requesting anonymity as he was not authorised to speak to the press, said it was Baykar's TB2 model.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

ChannelNewsAsia /  🏆 6. in SG

South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Son says he would rather play for Spurs than move to Saudi clubSon says he would rather play for Spurs than move to Saudi clubTottenham Hotspur forward Son Heung-min said he would have moved to Saudi Arabia to continue his career if he wanted to but opted to stay with the Premier League club to redeem himself after a disappointing 2022-23 campaign.Son won the Premier League Golden Boot for most goals in the 2021-22 season with 2
Read more »

Spurs stars Kane and Son, Liverpool’s Szoboszlai and Mac Allister set for Singapore friendliesSpurs stars Kane and Son, Liverpool’s Szoboszlai and Mac Allister set for Singapore friendliesDespite rumours swirling over their future, Tottenham Hotspur’s biggest stars Harry Kane and Son Heung-min – targets of Germany’s Bayern Munich and Saudi Arabia’s Al Ittihad respectively – are in the 31-man squad that will be in town for the Singapore Festival of Football...
Read more »

'Consider carefully if you want to raise a huge dog': Kai Ko suffers another facial injury'Consider carefully if you want to raise a huge dog': Kai Ko suffers another facial injuryIt's a cruel feeling of deja vu. Earlier this year in January, Taiwanese actor Kai Ko was involved in an accident with a drone on set that left him 'disfigured' and getting up to 30 stitches on his face. While he may have recovered from that, albeit with a fear of 'spinning things', the 32-year-old took to Instagram yesterday (July...
Read more »

Senior doctors in England announce more strikes, rejecting pay dealSenior doctors in England announce more strikes, rejecting pay dealConsultant-level doctors with the NHS will strike on Aug 24 and 25, adding to previously announced strikes on July 20 and 21. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »

Russia strikes Ukraine port after pulling out of grain export dealRussia strikes Ukraine port after pulling out of grain export dealUkrainian officials said Moscow was attempting to go back on the offensive in the east. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »

Some workers suspend strikes at London's Gatwick after pay deal: UnionSome workers suspend strikes at London's Gatwick after pay deal: UnionThe strikes had been planned for July 28 to Aug 1. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 17:01:38