Turkey to build nearly 200,000 homes in quake-hit region

South Africa News News

Turkey to build nearly 200,000 homes in quake-hit region
South Africa Latest News,South Africa Headlines
  • 📰 ChannelNewsAsia
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 17 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 10%
  • Publisher: 66%

HATAY: President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Monday (Feb 20) said Türkiye would build almost 200,000 new homes in the country's southeast region, devastated by a massive earthquake two we

A 7.8-magnitude tremor on Feb 6 and its aftershocks have killed more than 41,000 people in Türkiye and left millions without homes.

He promised reconstruction work would begin in March to build 199,739 homes, including more than 130,000 in the worst-affected provinces of Hatay, Kahramanmaras and Malatya. "We will start to move our citizens living in tents and container cities to their sturdy, safe and comfortable homes within a year," Erdogan added.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

ChannelNewsAsia /  🏆 6. in SG

South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Turkey earthquake: Death toll passes 46,000, many still missing in flattened apartmentsTurkey earthquake: Death toll passes 46,000, many still missing in flattened apartmentsANTAKYA/KAHRAMANMARAS, Turkey – More than 46,000 people have been killed in the earthquake that struck Turkey and Syria and the toll is expected to soar, with some 345,000 apartments in Turkey now known to have been destroyed, and many still missing. As Turkey attempts to manage its worst modern disaster, concerns were growing over the victims of the tragedy in...
Read more »

Small Dog Waits Patiently to Be Dug Out of Rubble in HataySmall Dog Waits Patiently to Be Dug Out of Rubble in HatayRescuers in Hatay, Turkey, pulled a small dog from rubble on February 8, around 60 hours after an earthquake devastated the region.Video filmed by Gürcan Öztürk shows the dog, named Pambuk, taking sips of water as it waited patiently to be freed.Instagram user halil.krts0 claimed to be the brother of the owner of Pambuk in a comment on the post, and said the owner was in intensive care at a hospital in nearby Mersin as of February 8. In a comment on Instagram, Öztürk said the family of the dog had contacted him.The known death toll from the devastating February 6 earthquakes impacting Turkey and Syria climbed to over 43,000 by Friday, February 17. Turkish news outlets reported 38,044 deaths in Turkey alone by Friday. Credit: Gürcan Öztürk via Storyful
Read more »

Earthquake registering 6.3 hits Turkey-Syria border region: EMSCEarthquake registering 6.3 hits Turkey-Syria border region: EMSCTwo Reuters witnesses reported a strong quake and further damage to buildings in central Antakya. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »

Blinken pledges long-term aid for Turkey after devastating earthquakesBlinken pledges long-term aid for Turkey after devastating earthquakesAuthorities carried out wide-scale demolitions of damaged buildings. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »

S’pore charities urge caution as fund-raising scams surface after Turkey quakeS’pore charities urge caution as fund-raising scams surface after Turkey quakeCharities in Singapore are aware that scammers overseas have been soliciting donations purportedly on behalf of victims of the Turkey-Syria...
Read more »

Ghana winger Atsu's body found under rubble in TurkeyGhana winger Atsu's body found under rubble in TurkeyANKARA — Ghana winger Christian Atsu has been found dead under the building where he lived in southern Turkey after last week's huge earthquake, his Turkish agent said on Saturday (Feb 18). Atsu had been missing since the Feb 6 earthquake following the collapse of an apartment building in Hatay. He was 31. 'Atsu's lifeless body was found under the...
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 01:12:03