The Crown has caused a bit of a stir after announcing that bosses behind the Netflix show have cast Senan West, the teenage son of Dominic West as Prince William
November 18, 2021 - 12:31 GMT Eve Crosbie Fans of The Crown are up in arms after learning of the Netflix's show's latest casting news.It was announced earlier this week that Senan West, the teenage son of Dominic West, who will portray Prince Charles in the royal drama's upcoming fifth season, will join his dad in the role of Prince William.
According to Variety, the newcomer was cast after a"nationwide search" during which bosses on the Netflix show failed to find an actor that fit their requirements."It's believed the young actor's audition, submitted via tape by his agent, caught the attention of the show's producers," the publication wrote.
Senan will make his on-screen debut in the final episodes of season five, which is due to land on Netflix in November 2022. The 13-year-old has been cast as a slightly older William and will portray him as a teenager on the cusp of adulthood.Season five, which is set to focus primarily on the dissolution of Charles and Diana's marriage and Diana's death, will feature a brand new cast taking over as the royal family.
South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
US to co-host 2024 cricket T20 World Cup with West IndiesThe United States will co-host its first major cricket tournament in 2024, when it stages part of the men's T20 World Cup, the ICC says
Read more »
Kanye West Meets With Drake in Toronto, Squashes BeefKanye West and Drake hung out in Toronto, officially squashing their beef.
Read more »
Kanye West and Drake end feud as 'two of the biggest stars on earth' reuniteKanye West and Drake both shared snaps and clips of themselves enjoying each other's company as their decade-long feud appears to have come to an end
Read more »
Poland turns water cannon on migrants, crisis stokes East-West tensionPolish security forces fired water cannon at rock-throwing migrants on the border with Belarus on Tuesday, and NATO reiterated its support for Warsaw in a crisis that has left thousands stranded on the frontier in icy temperatures. Video footage released by Polish authorities showed migrants also throwing bottles and logs across a barbed-wire border fence, and using sticks to try to break through. Seven police were hurt in the violence, the latest in a crisis the European Union says is orchestrated by Belarus - an ally of Russia - in retaliation for EU sanctions imposed over a crackdown on political protests, a charge that Minsk denies.
Read more »
Ye (Kanye West) Surprise Drops Deluxe Version of ‘Donda’: Stream It NowYe (Kanye West) surprise released a deluxe edition of his 'Donda' album on Nov. 14.
Read more »
Hospital visiting restrictions imposed by North West Anglia trustThe North West Anglia NHS Trust says it is responding to a sharp rise in Covid-19 cases.
Read more »