Swiss court orders Nestlé to pay $2.8m to bullied ex-employee

South Africa News News

Swiss court orders Nestlé to pay $2.8m to bullied ex-employee
South Africa Latest News,South Africa Headlines
  • 📰 STForeignDesk
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 32 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 16%
  • Publisher: 71%

LAUSANNE, Switzerland – Nestlé SA must pay a former executive 2 million Swiss francs (S$2.8 million) after she was bullied and forced out of the company, the newspaper Tages Anzeiger reported, citing a local appeals court ruling. Read more at straitstimes.com.

LAUSANNE, Switzerland – Nestlé SA must pay a former executive 2 million Swiss francs after she was bullied and forced out of the company, the newspaper Tages Anzeiger reported, citing a local appeals court ruling.

The court also awarded her about 100,000 francs in legal costs in the long-running case, Tages Anzeiger reported. Ms Motarjemi, a former World Health Organisation scientist who joined the Vevey, Switzerland-based company in 2000, alleged that she was subject to harassment from 2006 onward after her attempts to flag food safety lapses were ignored. She was fired in 2010.

“We sincerely regret the almost 12 years of litigation and wish to bring this legal matter to a final close. This decision was not taken overnight: We tried several times to find a solution to this dispute,” the spokesperson said in a statement.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

STForeignDesk /  🏆 4. in SG

South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Isner becomes first man to win 500 tour-level tie-breaksIsner becomes first man to win 500 tour-level tie-breaksDALLAS, TX : American John Isner entered the ATP Tour record books on Friday by becoming the first man to win 500 tour-level tie-breaks in his 7-6(8) 7-5 victory over Emilio Gomez in the Dallas Open quarter-finals. Isner's 500 career tie-break victories put him 34 ahead of Swiss great Roger Federer on the
Read more »

Sanctioned oligarch accuses US of stealing assets, vows to fight in Russia courtSanctioned oligarch accuses US of stealing assets, vows to fight in Russia courtMoney confiscated from Konstantin Malofeyev may be used to help rebuild Ukraine. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »

Daruma Tavern Opens Food Court Stall Serving Its Popular KL Hokkien Mee & New Crispy Bee HoonDaruma Tavern Opens Food Court Stall Serving Its Popular KL Hokkien Mee & New Crispy Bee HoonThe stall in MacPherson has a completely different name from its fancier sibling eatery.
Read more »

Billie Eilish granted restraining order against man who tried to break into homeBillie Eilish granted restraining order against man who tried to break into homeBillie Eilish has been granted a restraining order against a man who allegedly tried to break into her family home. The pop star was previously given a temporary retraining order to keep Christopher Anderson away from her and her relatives after he allegedly attempted to gain access to her parents' house in Los Angeles in January -and now she has...
Read more »

Air India seals record order for about 500 jets from Airbus, BoeingAir India seals record order for about 500 jets from Airbus, BoeingBENGALURU/PARIS - Air India has sealed a jumbo deal for about 500 new planes worth more than US$100 billion (S$133 billion) at list prices. It could become the single largest order by any airline as it seeks to reinvent itself under its new owners, industry sources told Reuters. The deal, split equally between France's Airbus and rival planemaker Boeing, was...
Read more »

Air India seals record order for about 500 jets from Airbus, Boeing: SourcesAir India seals record order for about 500 jets from Airbus, Boeing: SourcesIt could become the single largest order by any airline. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 12:11:35