Sudan: Opposition Parties Reject 'Imminent' Agreement Between Sudan's Military And Civilian Forces

South Africa News News

Sudan: Opposition Parties Reject 'Imminent' Agreement Between Sudan's Military And Civilian Forces
South Africa Latest News,South Africa Headlines
  • 📰 allafrica
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 73 sec. here
  • 3 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 33%
  • Publisher: 99%

Opposition Parties Reject 'Imminent' Agreement Between Sudan's... Radiodabanga: Sudan

The National Accord Forces announced last week its total rejection of an alleged"bilateral settlement" between the Forces for Freedom and Change-Central Council and the military component of the government. According to a UN statement on Friday, talks regarding solutions are ongoing.provides for a civilian prime minister and a 'government of competencies', but control over the proposed Security and Defence Council remains a point of contention.

According to the NAF statement,"a Sudanese-Sudanese dialogue is required to have a comprehensive solution, excluding no one but the National Congress." The statement called for a Sudanese platform that is formed according to a credible mechanism agreed upon by all parties. The statement asserts that the current bilateral statement will not lead to a government of national and independent competencies, and it does not represent all parties.

On Friday, Volker Perthes, Special Representative of the United Nations Secretary-General in Sudan and head of the United Nations Integrated Transition Assistance Mission in Sudan , revealed that talks between the military ad civilian counterparts regarding solutions are ongoing. In an interview with Middle East News Network El Hadat, he said that there is a convergence of views between all parties regarding the exit from the crisis. Perthes expressed his hope that a, pointing out that there is an agreement between the parties on a transitional period of no more than two years.

He added that the atmosphere is much better than it was three months ago, stressing the importance of reaching a solution by consensus of all components, including the military. He stressed that the military should not be part of political institutions, adding that coup-leader and Sudanese Armed Forces commander, Abdelfattah El Burhan, has"confirmed his readiness to leave political life.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

allafrica /  🏆 1. in ZA

South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Collapsed RCL BEE deal forces R230m bailout | The CitizenCollapsed RCL BEE deal forces R230m bailout | The CitizenRemgro said it will ‘unwind’ its 2014 black economic empowerment (BEE) transaction at a total cost to shareholders of R230 million. Read the full story ➡️BEE
Read more »

Collapsed RCL BEE deal forces R230m bailoutCollapsed RCL BEE deal forces R230m bailoutIn effect, RCL Foods will have ended up paying for the BEE deal three times if the original failed transaction is counted. Moneyweb companynews
Read more »

'All assigned targets were hit' - Russia claims to hold Ukraine forces in Kherson region | News24'All assigned targets were hit' - Russia claims to hold Ukraine forces in Kherson region | News24Russia says its forces have battled oncoming Ukraine troops to a standstill in the country’s south and inflicted 'significant losses'.
Read more »

Gunmen kill 11 at Russian military base in latest blow to war in Ukraine - SABC News - Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader.Gunmen kill 11 at Russian military base in latest blow to war in Ukraine - SABC News - Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader.Gunmen shot dead 11 people at a Russian military training ground on Saturday, the defence ministry said, in the latest blow to President Vladimir Putin’s forces since the invasion of Ukraine.
Read more »

Ukraine war: Intense fighting flares in Ukraine’s Donetsk regionUkraine war: Intense fighting flares in Ukraine’s Donetsk regionKYIV, Oct 17 (Reuters) - Intense fighting between Russian and Ukrainian forces was taking place around two towns in the Donetsk region of eastern Ukraine, Bakhmut and Soledar, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said on Sunday.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 01:06:12