Presumed human remains and shattered Titanic submersible returned to shore

South Africa News News

South Africa Latest News,South Africa Headlines
  • 📰 TODAYonline
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 44 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 21%
  • Publisher: 99%

WATCH: Presumed human remains and debris from the Titan were recovered from the ocean bottom and brought ashore to Canada on Wednesday (June 28), the United States Coast Guard said.

The possible remains and shattered bits of the submersible Titan, destroyed while diving into the century-old wreck of the Titanic, were carried to St John's, Newfoundland, about 650km north of the accident site, by the Canadian-flagged vessel Horizon Arctic, according to the Coast Guard.

US medical professionals also"will conduct a formal analysis of presumed human remains that have been carefully recovered within the wreckage at the site of the incident", the Coast Guard statement added.Video from the Canadian Broadcast Corp showed what appeared to be the nose of the submersible and other shattered fragments wrapped in a white tarp pulled up by a crane from the deck of the Horizon Arctic on Wednesday morning.

Examination of the debris is expected to shed more light on the cause of the catastrophic implosion that shattered the Titan earlier this month as the 6.7m vessel carried five people on a voyage to the Titanic shipwreck in the North Atlantic. The TSB also said it had"inspected, documented and catalogued" all the materials recovered from the accident site before they were turned over to US authorities.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

TODAYonline /  🏆 1. in SG

South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Stories you might’ve missed, June 28 - Singapore NewsStories you might’ve missed, June 28 - Singapore NewsHere are the top stories published today...
Read more »

At least 84 victims lose $177,000 in June to fake buyer scam on Carousell, FacebookAt least 84 victims lose $177,000 in June to fake buyer scam on Carousell, FacebookBoth platforms were ranked at the bottom in an annual report by the Inter-Ministry Committee on Scams. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »

At least 84 victims lose $177,000 in June to fake buyer scam on Carousell, FacebookAt least 84 victims lose $177,000 in June to fake buyer scam on Carousell, FacebookAt least 84 people have fallen prey to a phishing scam involving fake buyers on Carousell and Facebook in June, losing a total of at least $177,000. The police said on Wednesday that this scam variant in which scammers pose as buyers was making a resurgence. In...
Read more »

While You Were Sleeping: 5 stories you might have missed, June 29While You Were Sleeping: 5 stories you might have missed, June 29A selection of news stories that happened overnight, June 29, 2023. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »

S Korea export downtrend likely slowed in June, offers hope for global trade: Reuters pollS Korea export downtrend likely slowed in June, offers hope for global trade: Reuters pollSEOUL : South Korea's downtrend in exports likely slowed in June, with the trade balance set to swing to a surplus for the first time in 16 months, a Reuters survey showed, raising the prospect of an end to a sustained fall in shipments that began late last year.South Korea - a bellwether for global trade
Read more »

Morning Briefing: Top stories from The Straits Times on June 29, 2023Morning Briefing: Top stories from The Straits Times on June 29, 2023You are reading the Morning Briefing newsletter. Get the news that prepares you for the day ahead, delivered to your inbox. Subscribe to our newsletter. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 01:06:37