Preparations underway for Winterlude, but Canal in question

South Africa News News

Preparations underway for Winterlude, but Canal in question
South Africa Latest News,South Africa Headlines
  • 📰 ctvottawa
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 32 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 16%
  • Publisher: 67%

Now in it’s 45th year, Winterlude, the popular winter festival, returns with in-person activities for the first time since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Larry MacFarlane and his team continue to work away at ice blocks near the National War Memorial, turning ice into art.

It's just one of the many ice sculptures you'll see at this year's Winterlude Festival, now in its 45th year. The popular winter festival returns with in-person activities for the first time since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. “It’s wonderful, I’ve been coming here for many years,” said MacFarlane, “I missed it last year because it was virtual. It wasn’t the same as seeing all the guys, all the competitors.”

“Winterlude is an opportunity for visitors and people in the region to experience the joys of a Canadian winter,” said Canadian Heritage Capital Celebrations Director Melanie Brault.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

ctvottawa /  🏆 29. in CA

South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Budget week at Ottawa City Hall and Winterlude returns: Five stories to watch this weekBudget week at Ottawa City Hall and Winterlude returns: Five stories to watch this weekNEW: Budget week at Ottawa City Hall and Winterlude returns: Five stories to watch this week ottnews
Read more »

'COVID is not done,' Canadian infectious disease expert says ahead of WHO announcement'COVID is not done,' Canadian infectious disease expert says ahead of WHO announcementWhile RSV and flu cases steadily decline in Canada, the World Health Organization is set to announce on Monday whether it still considers COVID-19 a global health emergency, but one infectious disease specialist says we still need to keep an eye on the coronavirus.
Read more »

Holiday trips within China surge after COVID curbs liftedHoliday trips within China surge after COVID curbs liftedBEIJING — Lunar New Year holiday trips inside China surged 74% from last year after authorities scrapped COVID\u002D19 travel curbs, state media reported on…
Read more »

Holiday trips within China surge after COVID-19 curbs liftedHoliday trips within China surge after COVID-19 curbs liftedLunar New Year holiday trips inside China surged 74 per cent from last year after authorities scrapped COVID-19 travel curbs, state media reported on Saturday, though the number of journeys was still only half of pre-pandemic levels.
Read more »

CTV National News: WHO changing on COVID-19?CTV National News: WHO changing on COVID-19?Genevievre Beauchemin reports on the World Health Organization’s upcoming announcement on if COVID-19 remains a global health emergency.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 13:22:28