Pope Francis, who canceled a Lent retreat for the first time in his papacy becau...
FILE PHOTO: Pope Francis coughs as he leads the weekly Angelus prayer in St Peter's Square at the Vatican, March 1, 2020. Vatican Media/Handout via REUTERS
Vatican spokesman Matteo Bruni said he had no immediate comment on the report. The 83-year-old Roman Catholic leader, who had part of one lung removed because of an illness decades ago, also canceled most audiences last week. But in a surprise announcement hours earlier, he said he would be following it from his residence in a Vatican guest house.
South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Next seven days seen as decisive for Italy as coronavirus cases surgeItaly is dealing with its most major national public health disaster in modern times.
Read more »
Two Amazon employees in Italy have contracted the coronavirus - Business InsiderThe employees, who were in Milan in the north of Italy, are now in quarantine.
Read more »
Coronavirus deaths rise in Italy, government prepares economic supportThe death toll from an outbreak of coronavirus in Italy has risen to 34, five mo...
Read more »
Italy readies measures worth 3.6 billion euros to tackle coronavirusItaly will introduce this week measures worth 3.6 billion euros ($3.5 billion), ...
Read more »