Police have said there have been incorrect accounts posted online
Police have investigated reports of a man trying to abduct a girl as she was walking home from school. The man was arrested and released without charge.
Derbyshire Live reports Leicestershire Police have said the incident did not occur as had initially been described, following an investigation. They add that these incorrect accounts have been widely circulated online.A police spokesperson said: “Officers received a report on Thursday last week that a schoolgirl was approached by a man unknown to her as she made her way home in Castle Donington.
“As part of our inquiries, a 36-year-old man was arrested in connection with the incident and has since been released with no further action. The local school is aware of the report and advised to reiterate stranger danger advice to their students.” The letter said: “I am writing to alert you about an attempted abduction of a child from Orchard Primary School on Thursday 15th September 2022 in the local area at around 3.45pm. Due to the alarm and distress it may cause, we will not be discussing this specific incident with pupils in school - we are leaving this decision to parents/carers.
South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Lincolnshire Police Force Control Room trio win prestigious awardsA successful night at the National Control Room Awards for Lincolnshire Police
Read more »
Man fatally shot by armed police was an 'active criminal', Leeds inquest toldPolice intelligence suggested that a man fatally shot by an armed officer on a motorway was a 'highly active criminal', an inquest has heard.
Read more »
Ex-Brockton Police Chief Appears in Court to Face Charge of Negligent DrivingFormer Brockton Police Chief Emanuel Gomes faced a judge in Worcester District Court on Wednesday, arraigned on a negligent driving charge stemming from a three-vehicle wreck he caused in his department vehicle.
Read more »
Schoolboy, 15, stabbed to death in Huddersfield as police launch murder investigationA 15-year-old schoolboy has died and a murder investigation has been launched after a stabbing in Huddersfield.
Read more »
Huddersfield stabbing: Boy, 15, dies after attack outside schoolPolice in Huddersfield begin a murder investigation after the incident on Wednesday afternoon.
Read more »