Ontario’s top doctor to share details on fourth dose access, free rapid test program

South Africa News News

Ontario’s top doctor to share details on fourth dose access, free rapid test program
South Africa Latest News,South Africa Headlines
  • 📰 TorontoStar
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 32 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 16%
  • Publisher: 55%

TORONTO - Ontario’s top public health doctor is set to share details today on the province’s plans to expand access to fourth COVID-19 shots.

Chief Medical Officer of Health Dr. Kieran Moore is also expected to give an update on the future of the province’s free rapid antigen test program that is set to expire at the end of the month.

Moore’s morning press conference follows calls for more details on Ontario’s fourth-dose rollout amid a summer wave of virus infections driven by the BA.5 Omicron subvariant. People aged 60 and older, immunocompromised people and Indigenous people are among the select groups currently eligible for second booster shots, but access is not yet open to all adults.

The National Advisory Committee on Immunization has recommended booster shots this fall in advance of a possible COVID wave. Moore said last week that the province was considering expanding eligibility for fourth doses and promised a decision would come soon.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

TorontoStar /  🏆 60. in CA

South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Ontario monkeypox cases not growing rapidly, vaccine strategy working: MooreOntario monkeypox cases not growing rapidly, vaccine strategy working: MooreOntario is not seeing rapid growth in cases of monkeypox and its vaccination strategy appears to be working, the province's top doctor says.
Read more »

Ontario monkeypox cases 'not escalating rapidly' as vaccine strategy appears to be working, says Dr. Kieran MooreOntario monkeypox cases 'not escalating rapidly' as vaccine strategy appears to be working, says Dr. Kieran MooreOntario is not seeing rapid growth in cases of monkeypox and its vaccination strategy appears to be working, the province’s top doctor says.
Read more »

Ontario to make announcement about expanding fourth COVID-19 vaccine dosesOntario to make announcement about expanding fourth COVID-19 vaccine dosesIt remains unclear whether Ontario will extend access to all adults — as in Quebec — or to health workers and others who are vulnerable.
Read more »

Ontario's top doctor to announce expansion of COVID-19 booster shots WednesdayOntario's top doctor to announce expansion of COVID-19 booster shots WednesdayOntario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health is set to make an announcement Wednesday regarding the expansion of eligibility for fourth doses of COVID-19 vaccines.
Read more »

Ontario's top doctor to announce expansion of COVID-19 booster shots WednesdayOntario's top doctor to announce expansion of COVID-19 booster shots WednesdayOntario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health is set to make an announcement Wednesday regarding the expansion of eligibility for fourth doses of COVID-19 vaccines on Wednesday.
Read more »

As Ontario enters a new COVID wave, there are fierce calls from some health-care workers to expand access to fourth dosesAs Ontario enters a new COVID wave, there are fierce calls from some health-care workers to expand access to fourth dosesA group has been putting together a lawsuit against the province, arguing that restricting second boosters is discriminatory under the Charter.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 00:50:20