Ontario health minister won’t rule out privatization as option to help ER crisis | National Newswatch

South Africa News News

Ontario health minister won’t rule out privatization as option to help ER crisis | National Newswatch
South Africa Latest News,South Africa Headlines
  • 📰 natnewswatch
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 34 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 17%
  • Publisher: 59%

National Newswatch: Canada's most comprehensive site for political news and views. Make it a daily habit.

TORONTO — Ontario's health minister is not ruling out privatization as the government looks at ways to deal with a major staff shortage straining hospitals across the province.

"I'm saying that there is innovation and opportunities here in Ontario, and we will explore those," she said at the legislature on Wednesday. "We've always had a public health-care system in the province of Ontario and we will continue to," she said. Jones said she is looking at"tweaks" to the health-care system to help the problems in emergency departments.

Last week, Jones sent directives to the College of Nurses of Ontario and the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario, urging them to make every effort to register internationally educated nurses and doctors in the province as fast as possible.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

natnewswatch /  🏆 58. in CA

South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Ontario ER closures not unprecedented, health minister saysOntario ER closures not unprecedented, health minister saysTORONTO - Ontario’s health minister said Monday that six hospitals had to close departments – including ERs – over the weekend, but argued that the si...
Read more »

Ontario ER closures not unprecedented, health minister says | CBC NewsOntario ER closures not unprecedented, health minister says | CBC NewsOntario's health minister said Monday that six hospitals had to close departments — including ERs — over the weekend, but argued that the situation wasn't unprecedented.
Read more »

Ontario hospital closing ER once again due to ongoing staff shortagesOntario hospital closing ER once again due to ongoing staff shortagesHospital in Clinton, Ont. says it must close its emergency room again due to staff shortages
Read more »

Ontario ER closures not 'unprecedented,' health minister saysOntario ER closures not 'unprecedented,' health minister saysSylvia Jones said the situation Ontario is facing is not unique.
Read more »

Ontario hospital closing ER once again due to ongoing staff shortagesOntario hospital closing ER once again due to ongoing staff shortagesA hospital in southwestern Ontario will see another temporary closure of its emergency department due to ongoing staffing shortages.
Read more »

Ontario ER closures not 'unprecedented,' health minister saysOntario ER closures not 'unprecedented,' health minister saysOntario ER closures not 'unprecedented,' health minister says onpoli
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 04:09:05