Norway attack suspect converted to Islam and was suspected of radicalization, police say

South Africa News News

Norway attack suspect converted to Islam and was suspected of radicalization, police say
South Africa Latest News,South Africa Headlines
  • 📰 cnnbrk
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 25 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 13%
  • Publisher: 55%

Police in Norway say they had previously been in contact with the bow-and-arrow attack suspect over radicalization concerns

The suspect in the Norway bow-and-arrow attack is a convert to Islam and police had been in contact with him before the killings on Wednesday over concerns about radicalization, police chief Ole Bredrup Sæverud said Thursday.

A 37-year-old Danish citizen who was living in Norway has been arrested and charged over the attack in the town of Kongsberg but police have not disclosed what charges he is facing."The police have previously been in contact with the man, including as a result of previous concerns related to radicalization," Sæverud told a news conference.The suspect had not appeared on their radar this year though, Sæverud said.Four women and one man were killed in the attack.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

cnnbrk /  🏆 393. in US

South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Several dead in Norway bow-and-arrow attack, man arrestedSeveral dead in Norway bow-and-arrow attack, man arrestedA man armed with a bow and arrows killed several people and wounded others in southeastern Norway on Wednesday, police said, adding that they had arrested the suspect.
Read more »

Assailant with bow and arrows kills 5 people in NorwayAssailant with bow and arrows kills 5 people in NorwayCOPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) — A man armed with a bow and arrows killed five people Wednesday near the Norwegian capital of Oslo before he was arrested, authorities said. The police chief in the town of Kongsberg said there was “a confrontation” between officers and the assailant, but he did not elaborate.
Read more »

Man Armed With Bow and Arrows Kills Five People in Norway, Police SayMan Armed With Bow and Arrows Kills Five People in Norway, Police SayAssailant was arrested in Kongsberg following a “confrontation” with authorities
Read more »

Suspect charged after 5 killed in Norway bow and arrow attack, police saySuspect charged after 5 killed in Norway bow and arrow attack, police saySeveral people have been killed and several were injured by an attacker in the Norwegian town of Kongsberg, 85km to the West of the capital Oslo, a press officer for Norwegian Police told CNN on Wednesday.
Read more »

Danish man suspected of killing five with bow-and-arrow in NorwayDanish man suspected of killing five with bow-and-arrow in NorwayA 37-year-old Danish citizen is suspected of killing five people in a bow-and-arrow attack in the Norwegian town of Kongsberg in a rare incident of mass killing in Norway, police said on Thursday.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 18:27:08