No Covid-19 vaccine, no entry, say Ballito Rage festival organisers

South Africa News News

No Covid-19 vaccine, no entry, say Ballito Rage festival organisers
South Africa Latest News,South Africa Headlines
  • 📰 BDliveSA
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 25 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 13%
  • Publisher: 63%

G&G Productions will require attendees to show proof of their government-approved certificate

The organisers of the annual post-matric festival Ballito Rage announced on Tuesday that entry will be restricted to people who have been vaccinated against Covid-19, as it seeks to prevent a repeat of 2020’s super-spreader event. Festival goers will also have to take rapid antigen tests on the first, third and final day of the five-day event, while staff will take daily tests.

The move comes as SA’s Covid-19 vaccination programme gathers pace and a growing number of companies announce plans to make shots mandatory. Earlier in September, health and life insurer Discovery and financial services firm Sanlam said they would introduce compulsory shots for staff, and on Monday PSG CEO Piet Mouton penned an open letter saying people who chose not to be vaccinated should be denied entry to public parks, shopping centres, businesses and educational institutions...

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

BDliveSA /  🏆 12. in ZA

South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Net1 gets fourth-quarter bump from easing Covid-19 restrictionsFinancial services group’s revenue falls almost a fifth in year to end-June
Read more »

As if Covid-19 wasn’t enough, now India is battling killer dengue outbreakThe disease is suspected of killing dozens, with authorities setting out to destroy mosquito breeding grounds
Read more »

Sahpra finds no link between reported deaths and the Covid-19 vaccineThe regulator and the National Immunisation Safety Expert Committee (Nisec) said on Monday 40 reports of deaths after receiving the vaccine have been investigated and 46 are still under investigation.
Read more »

Net1 gets fourth-quarter bump from easing Covid-19 restrictionsFinancial services group’s revenue falls almost a fifth in year to end-June
Read more »

Elections 2021: Covid-19 forces parties to get creative in their campaigningElections 2021: Covid-19 forces parties to get creative in their campaigningParties are concerned about convincing enough voters to turn out, with some questions over whether the local elections will truly be free and fair.
Read more »

Sahpra finds no link between reported deaths and the Covid-19 vaccineSahpra said most adverse effects after vaccination are mild and usually resolve within the first 2-3 days after getting the jab.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 04:37:08