More than 100,000 applications for Gauteng schools recorded in 4 days

South Africa News News

More than 100,000 applications for Gauteng schools recorded in 4 days
South Africa Latest News,South Africa Headlines
  • 📰 TimesLIVE
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 9 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 7%
  • Publisher: 59%

Gauteng education MEC Panyaza Lesufi has given the thumbs up to a new two-phase application system, and says it appears to be working.

13 August 2021 - 16:11

The department recorded more than 100,000 grade 8 applications in just four days after opening up the online application system for the 2022 academic year.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

TimesLIVE /  🏆 28. in ZA

South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

More than 100,000 applications for Gauteng schools recorded in 4 daysThe department recorded more than 100,000 grade 8 applications in just four days after opening up the online application system for the 2022 academic year.
Read more »

Funding applications open for businesses hit by unrest and lootingApplications are open for a R3.75bn package for the restoration of businesses hit by the looting and unrest in KwaZulu-Natal and Gauteng.
Read more »

WhatsApp group 'riot instigator' to seek bail as courts process casesThemba Mnisi, one of several people arrested in connection with the recent riots in KwaZulu-Natal and Gauteng, has been remanded in custody pending a bail application.
Read more »

'We are in the belly of vandalism,' says Lesufi as criminals target schools'We are in the belly of vandalism,' says Lesufi as criminals target schoolsThe portfolio committee on basic education yesterday conducted oversight visits to Gauteng schools that were vandalised during last month’s unrest.
Read more »

Classes suspended as 53 pupils, seven teachers, principal Test positive for Covid-19Provincial education spokesperson Howard Ndaba said on Thursday 53 pupils and seven teachers, including the principal and his deputy, tested positive for the virus. YoliswaSobuwa
Read more »

'It’s self-hatred': parliament education committee visits looted Gauteng schoolsDuring violence and looting last month, Edenpark Secondary School in Alberton, Johannesburg, had one of its mobile classrooms torched.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-08-31 00:02:30