Melbourne to ease world’s longest Covid-19 lockdown

South Africa News News

Melbourne to ease world’s longest Covid-19 lockdown
South Africa Latest News,South Africa Headlines
  • 📰 NBCNews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 32 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 16%
  • Publisher: 86%

Melbourne, Australia, which has spent more time under Covid-19 lockdowns than any other city in the world, is set to lift its stay-at-home orders this week, officials say.

lockdowns than any other city in the world, is set to lift its stay-at-home orders this week, officials said on Sunday.totalling 262 days, or nearly nine months, since March 2020.Buenos AiresWhile coronavirus cases keep rising in Victoria state, of which Melbourne is the capital, the state’s double-vaccination rate is set to reach 70 percent this week, allowing for the ease in restrictions.

“Today is a great day,” said Victoria Premier Daniel Andrews in announcing the lockdown end. “Today is a day when Victorians can be proud of what they have achieved.” When hospitality venues and some businesses reopen, their capacity will remain heavily restricted. More easing, including the reopening of many retailers, will come once 80 percent of eligible Victorians are fully vaccinated — estimated by Nov. 5 at the latest.On Sunday, Victoria recorded 1,838 new coronavirus cases and seven deaths. Neighbouring New South Wales, which emerged last week from a 100-day lockdown, reported 301 cases and 10 deaths.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

NBCNews /  🏆 10. in US

South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

How the world learns to live with covid-19How the world learns to live with covid-19The harm from endemic covid may eventually fall somewhere between that of influenza and the other common coronaviruses
Read more »

Robert Durst Hospitalized After Contracting COVID-19Robert Durst Hospitalized After Contracting COVID-19Durst, 78, was sentenced Thursday to life in prison without a chance of parole for the murder of his best friend more than two decades ago.
Read more »

Brazil registers 483 more Covid-19 fatalities – latest updatesBrazil registers 483 more Covid-19 fatalities – latest updatesBrazil registers 483 more fatalities. Other Covid-19 updates: 🇸🇦 Saudi Arabia to allow sports fans to attend full-capacity events 🦠 Robert Durst hospitalised with the virus 🇺🇸 Travel restrictions will affect New York City Marathon entrants For more:
Read more »

Convicted murderer Robert Durst hospitalized with COVID-19Convicted murderer Robert Durst hospitalized with COVID-19
Read more »

Robert Durst Is on a Ventilator After Contracting COVID-19Robert Durst Is on a Ventilator After Contracting COVID-19The 78-year-old New York real estate heir was sentenced life in prison without a chance of parole for the murder of Susan Berman in December 2000.
Read more »

Robert Durst Reportedly On Ventilator After Contracting Covid-19Robert Durst Reportedly On Ventilator After Contracting Covid-19Durst, 78, was sentenced to life behind bars without the possibility of parole on Thursday for killing his friend Susan Berman in Los Angeles more than 20 years ago.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 05:31:28