New evidence was discovered that determined Muhammad Aziz and Khalil Islam didn't participate in the killing of Malcolm X in a re-investigation.
Manhattan judge Ellen Biben dismissed the convictions of Muhammad Aziz and the late Khalil Islam for the assassination of Malcolm X.
Aziz and Islam maintained they were innocent from the beginning and were paroled in the 1980s. Islam passed away in 2009. Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. explained to the court that the recent investigation discovered witnesses unable to identify Islam and incriminated other suspects through information infiles. Witnesses were ordered to hide the fact they were informants to police and prosecutors by agents directed by the late FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover in the file, Vance said.
South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
As a New Arena Opens in New York, the Steinbrenner Stadium Strategy Is FinishedThe end of New York's sports-venue boom also means the end of a longtime New York sports phenomenon: teams threatening to leave town. joedelessio writes
Read more »
New York welcomes back fully vaccinated revelers for New Year's Eve in Times SquareNew York City's Times Square will once again fill with revelers ringing in the new year on Dec. 31, Mayor Bill de Blasio announced on Tuesday, but only if they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Last year, the still-raging coronavirus pandemic allowed only a handful of invited guests, including essential workers, to witness in person the dropping of the iconic New Year’s Eve ball, signaling the start of the new year. 'We can finally get back together again,' de Blasio told reporters, touting New York City's recovery after more than a year of pandemic hardship.
Read more »
New York allows revellers at New Year's Eve celebrationsPeople who are vaccinated will be allowed into Times Square with proof of vaccination.
Read more »
New York D.A. Will Move To Vacate Convictions Of Two Men In Killing Of Malcolm X; Case Was Focus Of Netflix DocuseriesNew York District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. will move to vacate the convictions of two men for the assassination of Malcolm X in 1965, his office said on Wednesday. The announcement of the exonerati…
Read more »
The Star Of Mindy Kaling's New Show Is Here To Make Us Embrace Our Horniness.Amrit_Kaur04: 'It's a big lie that we've told; North America has put us in this trap that brown women have to be submissive; it follows through to colonialism and white dominance, and patriarchy. But that's not true.' TheSexLivesOfCollegeGirls
Read more »
The New Toys That Have Come Out in 2021, From Lego Sets to BarbiesLet the holiday toy shopping commence!
Read more »