The father said the prison authorities told him his son has died in jail. Read more at straitstimes.com.
PETALING JAYA - A mourning father from the state of Negeri Sembilan was shocked to find out that his son, whom authorities said had died in prison last week, is still alive.
He said he did not know why his son, 19, was in prison. As far as he knows, his son was living and working in the town of Selayang in Selangor. “When we looked , we noticed that the face was different after post-mortem because there were suture marks and his hair had also been shaved,” he told reporters when met at his house.
However, to the family’s surprise, they were informed just a few hours before the cremation that the youth was still alive.
South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
41,000 evacuated in Malaysia as floods worsen in Johor, heavy rain affects five other statesMost cities and towns in Johor affected by the continous rains Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »
Malaysian government to expedite flood mitigation projects: AnwarSEGAMAT, Johor: After visiting a flood relief centre in Malaysia's worst-hit state, Malaysian Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim said on Sunday (Mar 5) that flood mitigation projects, especially in Johor, will be expedited and need to start from June. The tendering process for the projects needs to be
Read more »
3 Hong Kong Tiananmen vigil group members found guilty of security offenceThey include HK pro-democracy activist and barrister Chow Hang-tung. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »
Traditional costumes see growing popularity among youngsters in ChinaMore young people are wearing traditional clothes as a way to preserve tradition. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »
Hatching leatherback turtles get helping hand on Thai beach12 year-old Prin Uthaisangchai wants to share why leatherback turtles are going extinct. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »
Storms in US south kill at least 9, head to northeastThe storms have left over 1 million people without power. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »