‘He had neither the means nor the possibility and the explosives to carry this out,’ says the defence lawyer for the main suspect, a 19-year-old man who has confessed to starting to plan the attack
said Tuesday that authorities’ presentation of the case is exaggerated, and his client wouldn’t have been able to carry out plans that the attorney described as “fantasies.”
Authorities said last week that the man confessed that he had started planning the attack in July. Defence lawyer Werner Tomanek told the Austria Press Agency that he hasn’t yet had access to the case files, but cited a “fragmentary record” of his client’s initial questioning to dispute their account of a full confession.
Tomanek said that his client appeared to have mental problems and described him as “a lone wolf without social contacts.” He said that “the alleged attack plans were pure fantasies.”
South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Austrian Taylor Swift plot suspect's lawyer plays down attack planThe lawyer of the main suspect in a foiled plot to carry out an attack at Taylor Swift concert in Vienna on Sunday sought to play down the seriousness of the plan, saying her client was only 'playing with ideas.'
Read more »
Austrian Taylor Swift plot suspect’s lawyer downplays attack planSwift’s three planned concerts this week were cancelled after Austrian authorities discovered a plot allegedly led by a 19-year-old to carry out an ISIS-inspired suicide attack
Read more »
Taylor Swift ‘in shock’ after 3 kids die in stabbing at Swift-themed dance classSeveral children and adults are still in the hospital, with many of them in critical condition, after a stabbing attack in the U.K.
Read more »
3rd person arrested over foiled plot to attack Taylor Swift show in ViennaAMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS - JULY 05: (EDITORIAL USE ONLY AND NO COMMERCIAL USE AT ANY TIME. NO USE ON PUBLICATION COVERS.) Taylor Swift performs onstage during 'Taylor Swift | The Eras Tour' at Johan Cruijff Arena on July 05, 2024 in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Read more »
Foiled Taylor Swift concert attack leads to third arrestAustrian authorities on Friday announced a third arrest in connection with the foiled conspiracy to attack three now-canceled Taylor Swift concerts, even as disappointed fans charmed Vienna by trading friendship bracelets and singing the pop star's songs in the streets.
Read more »
Taylor Swift terror plot: 3rd teen arrested in Vienna attack investigationAustrian Interior Minister Gerhard Karner said an 18-year-old was taken into custody Thursday evening in Vienna after allegedly being in contact with the main suspect.
Read more »