Trudeau says people have the right to protest, while Ottawa police have vowed that they don\u0027t want a repeat of last year\u0027s events.
It remained quiet outside Parliament on Saturday morning, where members of the Liberal caucus were meeting for their winter retreatStart your day with a roundup of B.C.-focused news and opinion delivered straight to your inbox at 7 a.m., Monday to Friday.By clicking on the sign up button you consent to receive the above newsletter from Postmedia Network Inc. You may unsubscribe any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails or any newsletter. Postmedia Network Inc.
Trudeau says he understands times are tough right now because of a global economic slowdown that’s expected to last the next six to 12 months, but says his Liberal government will focus on targeted supports when the House of Commons resumes next week.Where are they now? Fourteen public figures a year after the convoy protest
On the last day of their winter retreat, Liberal MPs continue to put forth priorities for the upcoming session, including the creation of jobs. Industry Minister Francois-Philippe Champagne says when it comes to job creation within the green energy sector, last year was the appetizer and this year will be the main course.Share this article in your social network
South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Job creation a priority as Liberal caucus wraps up on anniversary of 'Freedom Convoy'Trudeau says people have the right to protest, while Ottawa police have vowed that they don\u0027t want a repeat of last year\u0027s events
Read more »
Job creation a priority as Liberal caucus wraps up on anniversary of 'Freedom Convoy'As Ottawa marks one year since the “Freedom Convoy” arrived in the national capitol, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says he understands the anger and concerns protesters have.
Read more »
Ottawa police, bylaw increasing downtown presence on anniversary of 'Freedom Convoy' protestOttawa police and Bylaw Services are telling residents and visitors they will be taking a zero-tolerance approach to parking, noise and fireworks violations downtown this weekend, on the one-year anniversary of the 'Freedom Convoy' demonstration.
Read more »
Ottawa to have ‘special parking restrictions’ during anniversary of ‘Freedom Convoy’ | Globalnews.caOttawa will have extra bylaw officers deployed on the anniversary of the 'Freedom Convoy' and warns that all vehicles found violating regulations will be ticketed and towed.
Read more »
Looking at the ‘Freedom Convoy’ a year after the occupationIt has been a year since the 'Freedom Convoy' occupied Ottawa. With no mandates now, horns have been quieted to a whimper. Related demonstrations continue but participants are rudderless. Listen to the StarThisMatters podcast in full:
Read more »