Italian billionaire Gustavo Denegri gained $100 million as his firm announced a new coronavirus test
of casualties outside of China, where the outbreak began late last year. Globally, the latest WHO report released on Tuesday listed nearly 110,000 COVID-19 cases worldwide, with 3,809 deaths.
Founded in Saluggia, Italy in 1968, DiaSorin makes diagnostic tests for various infectious diseases including the H1N1 swine flu and the zika virus. In 2000, Denegri acquired the distressed business from plumbing fixtures manufacturer American Standard Companies through his private equity firm, IP Investimenti e Partecipazioni. The trained chemist, who still chairs the company, turned around its fortunes, culminating in an IPO on the Milan stock exchange in 2007.
This is not the first time DiaSorin has rapidly responded to a virus outbreak. It obtained emergency authorization from the FDA for rapid testing kits for the H1N1
South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Coachella Music Festival Reportedly Delayed Until OctoberPromoters are reportedly scrambling to move the festival, which was to have been held over two consecutive weekends in April.
Read more »
ICE says no confirmed coronavirus among detainees, but four meet criteria for testingICE says no confirmed coronavirus among detainees — but four are now being tested
Read more »
Disneyland Paris maintenance worker tests positive to coronavirusA Disneyland Paris maintenance worker tested positive for coronavirus over the w...
Read more »
Coronavirus live updates: 3 more dead in Washington state, raising US death toll to 22Rahm Emanuel on potential impact of COVID-19 on Pres. Trump: 'He is not going to be able to have his rallies...the office is isolating enough, and his inability to get the admiration, the adulation from that crowds is going to psychologically torment him.'
Read more »
3 more dead from coronavirus in Washington state, raising US death toll to 22California Gov. Newsom had kind words for Pres. Trump and Vice Pres. Pence when asked about the administration's handling of coronavirus and cruise ships: 'We had a very long conversation, and every single he said they followed through on.'
Read more »