'It does have an effect on me' - Duduzane Zuma testifies at his culpable homicide trial | Sesona_Ngqaks
Duduzane Zuma, the son of former president Jacob Zuma, took to the witness stand in the Randburg Magistrate's Court on Wednesday to give his version of events on the day Phumzile Dube died in an accident.
Zuma is on trial for culpable homicide, after an accident which caused the death of Dube in February 2014. His car crashed into a taxi in which she was travelling.During cross-examination by State prosecutor Yusuf Baba, Zuma told the court that on the day of the incident, there was heavy rain and visibility was poor. He said he was travelling from Fourways to Saxonwold and had joined the highway from William Nicol Drive.
He also told the court that he had been driving at a speed of about 120km/h and had hit a puddle of water, which resulted in his vehicle losing control and spinning.NPA happy court ruled Duduzane Zuma has a case to answer When Baba asked whether he was aware that he had hit a taxi, Zuma said he would not deny or admit whether he had hit it.
Zuma also told the court that it had been impossible for him to bring the car back under control following the crash.Zuma described the incident as traumatic for everyone, saying he was fortunate to have not been killed or injured.However, he said he did not want to play the"blame game" and took full responsibility.The matter was postponed to Thursday, due to technical challenges with the recording machine.
South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Duduzane Zuma back in dock for culpable homicide trial | IOL NewsThe charge relates to a 2014 accident that resulted in the death of Phumzile Dube. Dube died after Duduzane Zuma’s Porsche crashed into a minibus taxi on the M1 in Johannesburg.
Read more »
Duduzane Zuma back in the dock for culpable homicideDuring his last appearance in March, one of his two culpable homicide charges were dropped.
Read more »
Duduzane Zuma expected to take stand in culpable homicide trialThe former president's son was involved in a car crash in 2014 when his Porsche collided with a taxi in Sandton, killing passenger Phumzile Dube.
Read more »
LIVE BLOG: Duduzane Zuma back in courtZuma initially faced two charges of culpable homicide and a count of negligent driving relating to a car crash on the M1 highway on the 1st of February 2014.
Read more »
Jacob Zuma bemoans decision to increase number of judges in his caseFormer president’s lawyers lodge an objection with less than two weeks to go before the hearing
Read more »
Jacob Zuma bemoans decision to increase number of judges in his caseFormer president’s lawyers lodge an objection with less than two weeks to go before the hearing
Read more »
Ngwako Modjadji hailed as fair journalistANC spokesperson Pule Mabe and former president Jacob Zuma sent messages of support to the family.
Read more »
Jacob Zuma's prediction: 'There will be no surprises in these elections'Former president Jacob Zuma says he does not anticipate any upsets in the 2019 general elections.
Read more »
Vote for good policies, not slogans: Zuma tells votersFormer president Jacob Zuma said parties could not articulate their policies.
Read more »
'It's a traumatic experience ... I take responsibility': Duduzane Zuma on fatal crashDuduzane Zuma said on Wednesday that he sympathised with the families of the two people who died when his Porsche collided with a minibus taxi in 2014.
Read more »