Fraud, corruption case against Molefe, Singh & co-accused postponed again

South Africa News News

Fraud, corruption case against Molefe, Singh & co-accused postponed again
South Africa Latest News,South Africa Headlines
  • 📰 ewnupdates
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 21 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 12%
  • Publisher: 53%

The accused made another appearance in the Palm Ridge Specialised Commercial Crimes Court on Friday.

JOHANNESBURG - The State has been granted another postponement in its case against former Transnet big wigs Brian Molefe and Anoj Singh and others but it wasn’t without a fight.

The defence teams told the court they had been expecting to have copies of the docket by Friday but they don’t.Several of the accused, through their attorneys, complained about these issues during proceedings. He argued that the case had been delayed several times already and that the State was trying to curry favour with the public by pushing it but that it didn’t have its house in order yet.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

ewnupdates /  🏆 30. in ZA

South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

R93m Transnet graft case postponedR93m Transnet graft case postponedFormer Transnet bosses Brian Molefe and CFO Anoj Singh will be back at the Palm Ridge Specialised Commercial Crimes Court on the 30th of November.
Read more »

'Dlamini's blessings for this fight are in the palm of his hands'The fruits of recognising and respecting African culture are sweet, though going through it requires patience and preparedness, says Free State veteran boxing promoter Lebo Mahoko. Mahoko mentioned this yesterday when speaking about what he thought would happen when his Free State home boy, promising boxer Lerato “Lights Out” Dlamini, opposes James Dickens for the vacant IBO featherweight belt in Liverpool tomorrow night.
Read more »

21 alleged North West illegal miners remanded in custody | The Citizen21 alleged North West illegal miners remanded in custody | The CitizenTwenty-one alleged ZamaZamas (illegal miners) arrested in the North West this week have been remanded in custody after making their first court appearance. 👮👩‍⚖️ READ:
Read more »

Corruption case against ex-Transnet bigwigs, including Brian Molefe, postponed to November | The CitizenCorruption case against ex-Transnet bigwigs, including Brian Molefe, postponed to November | The Citizen💸The fraud and corruption case against several former Transnet executives, including its former CEO Brian Molefe, has been postponed to November. Catch up on what happened here: BrianMolefe AnojSingh
Read more »

Transnet state capture-linked trial postponed for docket revealThe former Transnet executives are charged with contravening the Public Finance Management Act and fraud, while others are charged with fraud and money-laundering.
Read more »

Second accused in Senzo Meyiwa murder trial awaits bail application outcomeSecond accused in Senzo Meyiwa murder trial awaits bail application outcomeNtanzi and his co-accused initially abandoned bail after they were arrested in 2020.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 12:42:24