Former F1 race director Masi says he received death threats

South Africa News News

Former F1 race director Masi says he received death threats
South Africa Latest News,South Africa Headlines
  • 📰 CTVCalgary
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 31 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 16%
  • Publisher: 68%

Formula One's former race director Michael Masi has described the abuse he received on social media following last season's controversial call at the season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Red Bull driver Max Verstappen won his first world title after overtaking Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton on the last lap following aHamilton led comfortably until a crash by Nicholas Latifi brought out the safety car with five laps remaining. Verstappen stopped under yellow flags for fresher tires, and Masi flipped his decision and let the five lapped drivers separating Verstappen from Hamilton pass the safety car under yellow. But not all eight, which would have taken longer.

In an interview with Australia's NewsCorp, the 44-year-old Australian recalled feeling like "the most hated man in the world" as he revealed the level of hostility he endured online via hundreds of toxic messages. The interview Masi gave to the Sunday Telegraph carried screenshots of some of the messages, with Masi saying he was relieved not to have more social media platforms where people could attack him.

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner told The Associated Press in a recent interview that Masi had been treated terribly and the criticism was deeply unfair.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

CTVCalgary /  🏆 26. in CA

South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Ex-F1 race director Masi says he received death threatsEx-F1 race director Masi says he received death threatsFormula One's former race director Michael Masi has described the abuse he received on social media following last season's controversial call at the season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
Read more »

Ex-F1 race director Masi says he received death threatsEx-F1 race director Masi says he received death threatsFormula One's former race director Michael Masi has described the abuse he received on social media following last season's controversial call at the season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
Read more »

Death of doctor who faced threats over COVID shocks AustriaDeath of doctor who faced threats over COVID shocks AustriaBERLIN — Austrian political leaders have expressed shock over the death of a doctor who closed her practice after she reported receiving death threats from…
Read more »

Toronto harm reduction workers call for robust safer supply program to prevent deathsToronto harm reduction workers call for robust safer supply program to prevent deathsHarm reduction workers say supervised consumption sites and safer supply programs need to be expanded to prevent further overdose deaths in Toronto, a call that comes after several recent suspected opioid deaths.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 10:17:43