Emergency alerts issued about problems with 911 systems in the Maritimes

South Africa News News

Emergency alerts issued about problems with 911 systems in the Maritimes
South Africa Latest News,South Africa Headlines
  • 📰 globeandmail
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 18 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 10%
  • Publisher: 92%

‘We are investigating the root cause and apologize for the inconvenience,’ Bell Aliant said in an emailed statement

The 911 systems across the Maritimes were briefly offline Tuesday morning, prompting officials to issue emergency alerts.Bell Aliant, which serves all of Atlantic Canada, confirmed that 911 service for people using landlines was briefly knocked out, but it said service remained available to those using wireless devices.

Officials in Nova Scotia issued an emergency alert just after 8 a.m. advising that the system was having issues, but a follow-up alert at 8:42 a.m. confirmed service had been restored. In P.E.I., the disruption was brief. The Island’s Public Safety Department issued a statement just before 9 a.m., saying the system had been restored.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

globeandmail /  🏆 5. in CA

South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

911 issues fixed in the Maritimes following Tuesday morning outage911 issues fixed in the Maritimes following Tuesday morning outage911 emergency calling in all three Maritime provinces has been fixed following service issues Tuesday morning.
Read more »

Bell Aliant says 911 service restored after disruption in N.S., N.B., P.E.I. | Globalnews.caBell Aliant says 911 service restored after disruption in N.S., N.B., P.E.I. | Globalnews.caBell Aliant says 911 service has been restored after it was disrupted in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and P.E.I. earlier Tuesday morning.
Read more »

Update: Province wide 911 service restored | SaltWireUpdate: Province wide 911 service restored | SaltWireSYDNEY — An emergency alert has confirmed that Bell has restored 911 service in Nova Scotia. There’s a province-wide 911 service disruption for much of ...
Read more »

911 service working again in Nova Scotia after morning outage | SaltWire911 service working again in Nova Scotia after morning outage | SaltWireOutage also impacted other Maritime provinces
Read more »

Wanted man considered high risk to reoffendWanted man considered high risk to reoffendWilliam Watts, 49, has several robbery convictions. Anyone who sees him is asked to call 911.
Read more »

Emergency crews responding to residential fire on Tancred StreetEmergency crews responding to residential fire on Tancred StreetThe fire broke out in the 100 block of Tancred Street shortly after 8:30 p.m.; cause of fire is currently unknown
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 08:21:51