Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire says rapid antigen tests should be used appropriately
The Commission on Elections should not require 2022 aspirants to take a COVID-19 antigen test before filing their certificates of candidacy, a Health official said on Monday."We do not recommend the rapid antigen test kits to be used as a screening test for people who will vote or people who's going to join events," she said when asked about the filing of COCs on Oct. 1 to 8.
She added,"Kailangan appropriate ang use para walang question to the results that will come out if ever we use it."The poll body earlier announced that those running for president, vice president, senator, party-list representative, and their companions must present a negative COVID-19 test result before entering the Sofitel Tent in Pasay City, the venue to file COCs. Comelec Commissioner Rowena Guanzon said antigen tests will be offered on site.
The DOH previously said antigen tests should only be used to test those with flu-like symptoms, those who have been exposed to a COVID-19 patient, or living in areas with an outbreak.
South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Pacquiao to gov’t: Give our health workers what’s due themSenator Manny Pacquiao has appealed to the national government to give health workers what they deserve in salaries and benefits.
Read more »
Pacquiao to gov’t: Give our health workers what’s due themMANILA, Philippines — Give our health workers what they deserve in salaries and benefits. Senator Manny Pacquiao issued this urgent appeal to the national government to immediately release the additional P1.23 billion for the special risk allowance (SRA) of all health workers. ADVERTISEMENT “Dapat ibigay na sa lahat ng ating health workers ang special risk […]
Read more »
THROWBACK: Health benefits of santanHerbalist Teresita Pestano tells 'Salamat Dok' the health benefits of santan, which has antioxidant properties and contains flavonoids.
Read more »
Angono residents told to follow health protocols as COVID-19 cases riseThe Nation's Leading Newspaper
Read more »
DOH reminds COVID-19 survivors to remain vigilant, follow health protocolsThe Nation's Leading Newspaper
Read more »
Living with Alzheimer’s: China’s health time bombBEIJING — The first time Chen Shaohua went missing and was picked up by police, the 68-year-old’s family put it down to confusion. When he disappeared a second time, they realized he was deeply unwell — but it was already too late. ADVERTISEMENT “We missed the early signs,” daughter Chen Yuanyuan explained, adding: “For several […]
Read more »