Deputy president David Mabuza on Thursday confirmed that an agreement has been reached between SA and Mozambique to purchase gas.
Deputy President David Mabuza on Thursday confirmed that an agreement had been reached to buy gas from Mozambique.
“Within the framework of the integrated resource plan [IRP], alternative energy generation measures are being explored and implemented to augment electricity supply and improve the stability of the grid.” He said Mantashe has issued a determinations on the required new generation capacity, in concurrence with Nersa.
Request for proposals for 1,600MW of renewable energy under Bid-Window 7 will be issued by the end of August 2022, said Mabuza. He said there are no plans for the discontinuation of the use of coal as 99% of SA’s electricity supply is derived from coal and 30% of liquid fuels are derived from the same commodity.
South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
David Mabuza confirms SA and Mozambique in gas deal talksDeputy president David Mabuza on Thursday confirmed that an agreement has been reached between SA and Mozambique to purchase gas.
Read more »
David Mabuza confirms SA and Mozambique in gas deal talksDeputy president David Mabuza on Thursday confirmed that an agreement has been reached between SA and Mozambique to purchase gas.
Read more »
David Mabuza to answer questions on Eskom, Covid-19 vaccines and MK vets in parliamentDeputy president David Mabuza was on Thursday expected to give replies to oral questions posed to him by members of the National Assembly.
Read more »
LISTEN | 'There is nothing sinister about my visit to Russia': David MabuzaDeputy President David Mabuza’s decision to seek treatment from Russia last year was questioned again on Thursday during a National Assembly sitting.
Read more »
Military veterans deserve our support, says David MabuzaIf SA failed to look after its military veterans, it would be failing as a country, says Deputy President David Mabuza.
Read more »
Forcing citizens to get vaccinated would be crossing a red line, says David MabuzaAs the government prepares to exit the national state of disaster, Deputy President David Mabuza on Thursday said the government would honour its word of not forcing South Africans to take the jab.
Read more »