DA welcomes dismissal of Dirco chief financial officer Caiphus Ramashua

South Africa News News

DA welcomes dismissal of Dirco chief financial officer Caiphus Ramashua
South Africa Latest News,South Africa Headlines
  • 📰 IOL
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 42 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 20%
  • Publisher: 51%

DA deputy spokesperson on International Relations and Cooperation Mergan Chetty said his party still believed that there were more senior officials and politicians who were closely connected to the political elite in the ANC who also needed to face the chop.

“The dismissal of the CFO, who supposedly believed Dirco was his own fiefdom and that he was untouchable, was largely due to the continuous pressure by the DA in insisting that the initial dismissal of the former director-general, Kgabo Mahoai, was merely a smokescreen to protect other senior officials and politicians who were entangled in this corrupt deal.

“The department had paid R118 million to the Simeke Group/JV Regiments Capital joint venture, who incidentally did not tender for the project. ’’Minister Naledi Pandor had been very reluctant to take the portfolio committee into her confidence regarding the issues surrounding the investigations around the corrupt officials and politicians. Yet it was the oversight visit to New York by MPs that resulted in exposing the R118 million corruption scandal,” Chetty said.

She said the DA still demands in the wake of the CFO’s dismissal that President Cyril Ramaphosa recalls and suspends both Minister Maite Nkoana-Mashabane — under whose watch this New York Pilot Project was initiated and for failing to exercise her executive oversight — and ambassador Jerry Matjila, who was the director-general during that period.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

IOL /  🏆 46. in ZA

South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Dirco CEO dismissed over botched New York land projectDirco CEO dismissed over botched New York land projectDirco Minister Naledi Pandor has slammed the project as an 'embarrassment', after R118 million was paid for land that doesn't exist.
Read more »

Dirco finance boss shown the door over R118m New York land scandalThe international relations and co-operation department in Pretoria has fired its financial boss, Caiphus Ramashau, for his role in the controversial attempt to purchase land in New York City for R118m.
Read more »

Dirco finance boss shown the door over R118m New York land scandalThe international relations and co-operation department in Pretoria has fired its financial boss, Caiphus Ramashau, for his role in the controversial attempt to purchase land in New York City for R118m.
Read more »

DA wants outright win in Nelson Mandela Bay after coalition chaosParty brings out big guns with John Steenhuisen and Helen Zille addressing manifesto launch
Read more »

DA unveils its elections manifesto in Nelson Mandela BayDA unveils its elections manifesto in Nelson Mandela BayThe Democratic Alliance (DA) on Monday unveiled its local government elections manifesto for Nelson Mandela Bay. | Shamiela-Fisher
Read more »

DA welcomes ConCourt victory on Tshwane council, now wants MEC Lebogang Maile axedThe DA has vowed to ensure that Gauteng human settlements, urban planning and Cogta MEC Lebogang Maile is personally held to account or even axed from his position after the ConCourt ruling.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 21:32:27