The City of Cape Town has urged trade unions to return to the negotiating table to bring the ongoing strike at Transnet to an end:
This comes after Transnet workers represented by United National Transport Union and the South African Transport and Allied Workers’ Union , embarked on a strike last week during negotiations with the CCMA.
“We want to acknowledge that the port management is implementing a business continuity plan while the strike is ongoing which is enabling some activity to take place in the port,” read a statement issued by the CoCT.Transnet multi-million tender scandal leads to high-profile arrest
South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Petro De Luanda Coach Says Team Must Still Be Careful Of Cape Town City | Soccerladuma🧐 Having secured a comprehensive 3-0 victory over Erik Tinkler's Cape Town City in the CAF Champions League on Saturday, Petro de Luanda head coach Alexandre Santos says his side cannot rest on their laurels going into the second leg. SLInt MORE:
Read more »
Here are the road closures for this weekend's Sanlam Cape Town MarathonThe City of Cape Town will proudly present this marathon to running enthusiasts from around the world.
Read more »
City of Cape Town to invest R140 million to provide more shelter for the homeless - SABC News - Breaking news, special reports, world, business, sport coverage of all South African current events. Africa's news leader.The City of Cape Town says it has budgeted R140 million to expand and operate its Safe Spaces over the next three years as it marks World Homelessness Day.
Read more »
City of crooks | Luxury cars for private use, R500k leaked monthly: How JMPD officials bled City of Joburg | News24Johannesburg Metropolitan Police Department officials, including former chief of police David Tembe, 'recklessly' bled the City of Johannesburg budget while seemingly enjoying the private use of official City vehicles procured through a contract worth R1.2 billion with controversial service provider Afrirent.
Read more »