Nobody wants war in the Gulf of Oman, China's foreign ministry said on Frid...
BEIJING - Nobody wants war in the Gulf of Oman, China’s foreign ministry said on Friday, calling on all sides to exercise restraint following attacks on oil tankers in those waters, and urging dialogue to resolve differences.
“We hope all relevant parties remain calm and exercise restraint and avoid tensions further escalating, and hope all sides can jointly safeguard navigational safety in the relevant waters and regional peace and stability.” “China has always viewed Sino-Iranian relations from a strategic and long-term perspective,” the ministry paraphrased Xi as saying, but it made no mention of the tension in the Gulf region.
It was not immediately clear what befell the tankers, the Norwegian-owned Front Altair and the Japanese-owned Kokuka Courageous, which both suffered explosions, forcing crews to abandon the vessels, leaving them adrift in waters between Gulf Arab states and Iran.
South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
Qatar calls for international probe into tanker attacks in Gulf of OmanQatar called for an international investigation into attacks on two oil tankers ...
Read more »
Oil surges after report of tanker incident in Gulf of Oman near IranOil prices surged on Thursday after a unit of the United Kingdom's Royal Na...
Read more »
Pompeo blames Iran for attack on two tankers in Gulf of Oman, US details evidenceU.S. Central Command has released video that it says shows Iranian forces removing unexploded mine that had been attached to the Kokuka Courageous, one of two commercial tanker ships attacked in the Gulf of Oman.
Read more »
Iran's U.N. mission rejects 'unfounded' U.S. claim over Gulf of Oman tanker attacksIran categorically rejects the 'unfounded' U.S. claim over Thursday&0...
Read more »
U.S. blames Iran for tanker attacks in Gulf of Oman, oil prices riseUPDATE: Iran's mission to the United Nations says it categorically rejects the U.S.'s 'unfounded claim' regarding Gulf of Oman tanker attacks. Read more:
Read more »
U.S. blames Iran for tanker attacks in Gulf of Oman, Iran rejects assertionU.S. blames Iran for attacks on two oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman, Iran rejects assertion by LisaBarrington lesleywroughton
Read more »