China's SHEIN set to raise $2 billion, eyes US IPO later this year -sources

South Africa News News

China's SHEIN set to raise $2 billion, eyes US IPO later this year -sources
South Africa Latest News,South Africa Headlines
  • 📰 ChannelNewsAsia
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 35 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 17%
  • Publisher: 66%

HONG KONG : Chinese online fashion retailer SHEIN is set to raise around $2 billion in a new funding round this month and is aiming for a U.S. listing in the second half of this year, three people with knowledge of its plans told Reuters. UAE's sovereign wealth fund Mubadala is a major investor in this ro

HONG KONG : Chinese online fashion retailer SHEIN is set to raise around $2 billion in a new funding round this month and is aiming for a U.S. listing in the second half of this year, three people with knowledge of its plans told Reuters.

The float, if successful, would be one of the biggest worldwide this year and a test of U.S. investor appetite for Chinese companies amid volatile capital markets and geopolitical tensions.SHEIN said it does not currently have plans for an IPO and declined to comment further. Mubadala and Sequoia China declined to comment. GA and Tiger did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

It had attempted to list in the U.S. in 2020, but shelved the plan partly due to unpredictable markets amid rising U.S.-China tensions, sources have previously said. It was not immediately clear if SHEIN is planning to officially seek Chinese regulatory approval for its IPO.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

ChannelNewsAsia /  🏆 6. in SG

South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Hong Kong loses lustre as retail units go vacant and big brands look to ChinaHong Kong loses lustre as retail units go vacant and big brands look to ChinaHONG KONG : Hong Kong, one of the world's top luxury shopping destinations, is losing its lustre as high-end retail properties go vacant and famous foreign brands reduce exposure to the city in favour of opening new outlets in mainland China. Glitzy Hong Kong shopping streets once packed with luxury st
Read more »

Hong Kong loses lustre as retail units go vacant and big brands look to ChinaHong Kong loses lustre as retail units go vacant and big brands look to ChinaHONG KONG: Hong Kong, one of the world's top luxury shopping destinations, is losing its lustre as high-end retail properties go vacant and famous foreign brands reduce exposure to the city in favour of opening new outlets in mainland China. Glitzy Hong Kong shopping streets once packed with luxury stores
Read more »

Taiwan warns of China's 'repeated provocations', China tells US not to cross red lineTaiwan warns of China's 'repeated provocations', China tells US not to cross red lineTAIPEI/BEIJING — Taiwan will not allow 'repeated provocations' from China, the island's defence minister said on Tuesday (March 7), as China's foreign minister said Taiwan was the 'first red line' that must not be crossed in Sino-US relations.
Read more »

7th suspect linked to Hong Kong socialite Abby Choi’s murder arrested7th suspect linked to Hong Kong socialite Abby Choi’s murder arrestedHONG KONG – A seventh suspect has been arrested in mainland China in connection with 28-year-old Hong Kong...
Read more »

Woman arrested in gruesome killing of Hong Kong model Abby ChoiWoman arrested in gruesome killing of Hong Kong model Abby ChoiHONG KONG: A woman accused of assisting a suspect in the gruesome killing and dismemberment of model Abby Choi in Hong Kong has been arrested in mainland China, Hong Kong police said on Tuesday (Mar
Read more »

6th suspect in murder of Hong Kong socialite Abby Choi granted bail6th suspect in murder of Hong Kong socialite Abby Choi granted bailA 41-year-old man arrested in connection with the murder of Hong Kong socialite Abby Choi was granted bail at HK$50,000 (S$8,566) on Monday by the court, after prosecutors accused him of trying to help one of the alleged killers flee the city. Read more at straitstimes.com.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 15:18:03