Charge upgraded to manslaughter in 'unprovoked’ Toronto attack that left 89-year-old woman dead

South Africa News News

Charge upgraded to manslaughter in 'unprovoked’ Toronto attack that left 89-year-old woman dead
South Africa Latest News,South Africa Headlines
  • 📰 CP24
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 22 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 12%
  • Publisher: 67%

BREAKING: Charge upgraded to manslaughter in 'unprovoked’ Toronto attack that left 89-year-old woman dead

Tuesday’s news follows the results of an autopsy conducted three days after what police have described as an “unprovoked attack” near Yonge and King streets in the city’s Financial District.

Acting Insp. Craig Young told reporters at the scene Friday that video evidence of the incident suggests the woman was "simply walking along the sidewalk" when she was pushed.Toronto police’s Homicide and Missing Persons Unit has taken carriage of the investigation. The woman, who has yet to be identified, is the city’s second homicide victim of 2023. Police said that steps are being taken to notify her next-of-kin.

We have summarized this news so that you can read it quickly. If you are interested in the news, you can read the full text here. Read more:

CP24 /  🏆 30. in CA

South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines

Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.

Charge upgraded to manslaughter in 'unprovoked' Toronto attack that left 89-year-old woman deadCharge upgraded to manslaughter in 'unprovoked' Toronto attack that left 89-year-old woman deadBREAKING: The aggravated assault charge against a Toronto man who allegedly pushed an 89-year-woman to her death on a downtown sidewalk has been upgraded to manslaughter.
Read more »

Blue Jays sign nine international free agents, eight from Venezuela, one from BrazilBlue Jays sign nine international free agents, eight from Venezuela, one from BrazilTORONTO — The Toronto Blue Jays agreed to terms with nine international free agents on Monday.
Read more »

Man, 37, charged in deadly shoving of woman, 89, on downtown Toronto sidewalkMan, 37, charged in deadly shoving of woman, 89, on downtown Toronto sidewalkA man, 37, has now officially been charged in the apparently unprovoked deadly assault of an elderly woman on a downtown sidewalk on Friday.
Read more »

Woman claims she got sick after eating raw McDonald's chicken nuggets sold in TorontoWoman claims she got sick after eating raw McDonald's chicken nuggets sold in TorontoA single mom from Oshawa, Ontario, claims she was ill for three days after eating undercooked chicken from a Toronto McDonald's location, and alleg...
Read more »

New video shows 'unprovoked attack' of 89-year-old woman on Toronto sidewalkNew video shows 'unprovoked attack' of 89-year-old woman on Toronto sidewalkNewly obtained security footage shows the moment an 89-year-old woman was allegedly pushed in an “unprovoked attack” in downtown Toronto on Friday.
Read more »

Woman who killed terminally ill husband in hospital faces murder chargeWoman who killed terminally ill husband in hospital faces murder chargeAccording to police, Gilland told officers that her husband had been ill for some time and they had planned the shooting together.
Read more »



Render Time: 2025-04-06 17:45:19