Police Minister Bheki Cele said officers have been directed to another person of interest in the murder case of a German tourist that could help them crack the case.
JOHANNESBURG -
On Friday afternoon, Cele confirmed that the three people who were taken in for questioning this week have been released from police custody.The 67-year-old man was shot and killed in an attempted hijacking earlier this week when he and three fellow tourists were driving to their lodge near the Kruger National Park in Mpumalanga.
Cele said he was confident that they would get to the bottom of the case: “Those three people of interest have been let go. We have the information we have received from them that has enabled us to get the name of a person we believe will give us a proper response of what happened.”
South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
SA Weather: Friday temperatures | The CitizenThe South African Weather Service (SAWS) has issued a warning of high fire danger conditions are over the central and eastern parts of North-West and in places over the central Free State and Gamagara Local Municipality, Northern Cape. 🌡️🔥 saweather
Read more »
Friday Morning SpiceSPICE: Putin's private army falling apart. How to get divorced. 'My Octopus Teacher' home burns. Did Mick get it on with Stones band members? -
Read more »
#FiveThingsYouNeedToKnowAsYouWakeUp: Group of gunmen stole undisclosed amount of Sunfoil oilUS president Joe Biden dropping a bad word on video😱 here are five things you need to know before you wake up. DarrenKeriSkyOnECR FiveThingsYouNeedToKnow
Read more »
Lesufi to reshuffle Gauteng cabinetNew Gauteng Premier Panyaza Lesufi is expected to reshuffle his cabinet on Friday.
Read more »