The Minister of Police Bheki Cele has confirmed Deputy President Paul Mashatile's whereabouts when his VIP protection unit assaulted three men in Fourways.
"Based on my little experience watching the history channel on how VIPs are protected When one part of the convoy stops, the other part of the convoy continues with the journey as a priority is always to get their VIP out of harm's way. Cele's explanation is spot-on & makes sense.
""So not only did they act like rogue mafia thugs they also put the security of the DP at risk at the same time by diverting security resources unnecessarily? Those poor innocent people that got assaulted I hope he’s going to personally visit them,apologise and provide reparations."
South Africa Latest News, South Africa Headlines
Similar News:You can also read news stories similar to this one that we have collected from other news sources.
VIP unit attack: Cele says Mashatile was not at ‘crime scene’Police minister tells MPs deputy president learnt of the protection unit assault later
Read more »
Mashatile was in VIP convoy but did not witness assault — Bheki CelePolice minister Bheki Cele has confirmed that Deputy President Paul Mashatile was part of the convoy when members of his VIP protection allegedly assaulted motorists in Gauteng last month.
Read more »
Mashatile was in VIP convoy, but not at scene of assault, says CeleThe deputy president’s convoy consisted of seven vehicles and only two pulled off, the police minister told parliament on Wednesday
Read more »
N1 assault: Mashatile was in convoy but wasn't at crime scene, Cele tells MPsPolice Minister Bheki Cele on Wednesday told Parliament’s police committee that while Deputy President Paul Mashatile had been part of the seven-car convoy, he did not know that two of the vehicles had pulled over to confront the passengers of the civilian vehicle.
Read more »
VIP unit attack: Mashatile only realised 2 cars were at the 'crime scene' when he got home, says CeleDeputy President Paul Mashatile only 'realised at home' that two cars of his motorcade weren't with him and didn't 'know what happened', Police Minister Bheki Cele told the Portfolio Committee on Police.
Read more »